All it took was a little ribbing from my friend, Gevi and I bought a body shaper/ body binder from SO- EN. That's not the end of it, after wearing it for over a week, I bought two more as back ups. This time, I seek a different brand to try out, Sogo. The battle of the brands, Sogo and SO-EN begins.
top: Sogo lingerie waistline reducer in beige PhP875.75
bottom: SO-EN body shaper in cream PhP499.75
Body shaper goes by many names like body pincher, elastic waistband, waistline reducer and body binder.
Sogo (top) vs SO-EN (bottom)
Both brands are proudly Philippine made. SO-EN fabric is made of nylon elastane. Both can make your body stand straight. Sogo has six (6) bones while SO-EN has seven (7) bones.
- body shaper is great for everyday wear as it fits snugly
- it can be worn for long hours
- it is shorter therefore covers only minimal area but gives the illusion of trimmed waist just the same.
- waistline reducer can be worn on special occasions like when I graced the Pond's event
- wear it if you want a curvier look
- I couldn't wear it for too long because it felt like wearing a corset
- it is too tight-fitting
- longer than SO-EN that it reached my rib cage area
- your waist will surely be visible
- it will surely trim your waistline a few inches smaller.
wearing my beige Sogo extra strong elastic waistband
dress: Plains & Prints
I am happy with both brands. Each has its own purpose. Now, you know my secret hehe