Astoria Boracay... A home away from home!

My visit: April 25-27, 2010

Astoria Boracay
Station 1, Boracay Island

When I got an invite to attend the Astoria's One Night Only, I don't know what to expect at the end of the day. I was just there to cover the launching of Astoria's new bamboo logo and the unveiling of their newest hotel in Boracay. I was not expecting to receive, along with everybody who attended that night, a 3 days/ 2 nights stay voucher of where else but in their Astoria Boracay hotel, no less!

Talking to Ms. Teddy Concon was a breeze. She handled my booking very professionally even though I was just using a voucher. She had given me various date option to book my stay. She even texted to inform that the month of April was their soft opening thus the resort is not fully operational. 

our king sized bed

Don't be deceived by the appearance of the reception area as I saw a lot of improvement when I left after three days. The construction is on going.

It is the only hotel I know in station 1 that is stark white.

DH and I arrived 3 hours earlier of the check in time which was at 2pm. Ms. Grace Garrucha welcomed us and gave us a refreshing Pandan juice welcome drink. We left our bags in their care to grab a bite and was back at exactly 2pm.

Pandan juice drink

We were greeted by their Resort Manager, Mr. Danilo Molina. He even brought our bags personally to our rooms and made sure our stay was comfortable.

room 207 sensor lock

Just tap the room key card on the sensor and the door will unlock. 

Just two days before we left Manila for Boracay, I texted Ms. Concon to book us a room with king size bed and guess what... we got what we wanted!

2 yellow and white beach towels and a note from the resort manager himself

32 inch lcd tv, split type aircon and a personal ref

His and hers white slippers as well as rack for wet clothes were provided.

spacious bathroom

rain shower

On our last day at the check out counter, I told Ms. Grace about the faulty water heater. We only have hot water inside the bathroom. She said she will have someone check and fix it. Hopefully that minor problem has been resolve by now. 

view from the top

On the right side of the picture is the under construction wing. It offers al fresco dinner buffet PhP350.

Thanks Astoria Boracay for the wonderful time we had in Boracay! Shout out to Ms. Teddy Concon, Mr. Danilo Molina and Ms. Mary Grace Garrucha for the warm reception!

PostScript:

My friend, CKL, who was given the same room 207 on the second week of May, told me that the faulty water heater has not been fix. Tsk! tsk!