Visa Free Taiwan

After my trip to Singapore last November, I am now off to Taiwan! As you read this, I might be Taipei already.

Normally, for Filipinos travelling with Philippine passport, an entry to Taiwan will need a visa. But if you have any visa of the folowing countries you might not need one:

  • The United States
  • Canada
  • The United Kingdom
  • Japan
  • Australia
  • New Zealand

Since I have both US and Canada visa, I don't need one. I thought that I could just march in Taiwan's immigration and show my passport with US and Canada visa. Wrong!

I was told that I should go and visit this page for online checking. People from Thailand, The Philippines, India, Vietnam and Indonesia should visit this page to see if they are qualified to visit Taiwan.

After filling out the form, you will then have to print out a copy to present to Taiwan immigration officer.

That's it! Hopefully, this would help!

Meanwhile, you might want to join this contest ; ) and continue enjoying the holidays!