Sunday, January 6, 2013
Unboxing: Canon EOS M + Price
I'm so excited I could not wait until Day 7 (the day I bought my camera ; p) to share with you my newest baby, Canon EOS M.
Canon Mount Adapter EF-EOS M JPY 10,800 (PhP 5,400)
Mount Adapter EF-EOS M feature:
- Allow Canon EF and EF-S lenses to be mounted on the Canon EOS M digital camera
- Fully compatible with all lens functions including image stabilization and auto-focus
- Detachable tripos adapter provides support for longer Canon lenses
To view what's inside the box of Canon EOS M, read after the break...
Total Multimedia Life Yodobashi paper bag
It was not really in our plan to buy a new camera. Instead of going to Hiroshima on Day 7, fyi ---> a round trip costs JPY 40,000 (PhP 20,000) for 2 pax, we decided to get a new camera. Get the logic? hahaha Ok, Hiroshima has a lot of history, it will definitely be part of our itinerary on our next trip to Japan.
Canon EOS M EF-M 18-55IS EF-M 22 STM kit JPY 74,900
less 5% (tax-free) JPY 71,239 (PhP 35,619.50)
What's inside the box:
- EOS M Digital Camera Body (black)
- Camera Cover R-F-4
- Mount Adapter EF-EOS M
- 2 pcs. Lens Dust Cap EB
- Canon Lens EF-M 22mm 1:2 STM
- Lens Cap E-43
- EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM
- Lens Cap E-52 II
- Canon Speedlite 90EX
- USB Interface Cable IFC-130U
- Battery Charger LC-E12
- Battery Pack LP-E12
- Neckstrap EM-100DB
- Camera Instruction Manual and CD
Tip: When you shop around Japan, always bring your passport with you. It will be your "passport" to discounts and other privileges.
Camera Instruction Manual and Software Instruction Manual CD
(left to right): USB Interface Cable IFC-130U, Battery Charger LC-E12, Neckstrap EM-100DB and Battery Pack LP-E12
EOS M Digital Camera Body (black)
Canon EOS M accessories
The following are the two lenses I got inside the camera box:
EF-M 22mm 1:2 STM JPY 26,800 (PhP13,400)
EF-M 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 IS STM JPY 31,800 (PhP 15,900)
Canon Speedlite 90EX
Downside of Canon EOS M, it does not have a built-in flash ; ( Speedlite 90EX is also found inside the kit.
Price comparison Yodobashi-Umeda VS BIC Camera...
Yodobashi-Umeda price of Canon EOS M
BIC Camera in Namba price of Canon EOS MYodobashi Camera offers the Canon EOS M EF-M 18-55IS EF-M 22 STM kit for JPY 74,900 with 5% discount to foreign passport holder (tax-free) while BIC Camera offers the same kit for a much higher price of JPY 94,600 with 5% discount to foreign passport holder plus another 5% if you charge it with VISA.
Accessories bought separately:
- Sandisk Extreme Pro SDHC 95MB16GB JPY 5,210 (PhP 2,605)*
- Kenko Pro 1 Digital Protector 52mm JPY 1,677 (PhP 838.50)*
- Kenko Pro 1 Digital Protector 43mm JPY 2,077 (PhP 1038.50)*
- Kenko LCD Guard Film for EOS M JPY 753 (PhP 376.50)*
- ER-E1 wrist strap JPY 2,380 (PhP 1,190)
*Prices quoted are with 5% discount
Hopefully I can write a review and post some photos taken with my new Canon EOS M soon!
You can view the first part of our Kyoto adventure here and here. To view where we stayed during our 8-day stint in Japan, visit here. Interested where we dine on our first night in Osaka? Then read here.
Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +