Sansevieria and Jade plant

 
Sansevieria- natural air cleaner PhP250

I lost two of my Jade plants. The one pictured below in white vase is my third Jade plant attempt ; p And while scouting a new plant to add in our living room, the seller suggested Sansevieria. The seller told me that this plant act as air purifier. Further research tells me that it removes toxins like formaldehyde, xylene and toluene. It is also believed that this plant produces oxygen at night making it suitable to be placed inside the bedroom. 

Even feng shui are in love with this plant. It is often given as a gift for occasions such as opening of business and other auspicious event. You may even put it in the bathroom above the toilet to counter the draining effect of the flush. 


jade plant

In my third attempt of raising a Jade plant, here's what I have learned:

  • It's not really an indoor plant because it requires 4 hours of outdoor lighting.
  • I have to water it thoroughly and allow the soil to dry before watering again.

So hopefully, my new Jade plant will live longer than the first two that I got. And I think I have to buy another set of Sansevieria now that I know about its purifying qualities!