Price WAR: SM vs Landmark

As I have related on my previous post, I was on the first day of the 3 day sale in SM Sta. Mesa.

I already have a list of what to buy and I also made sure to be there early so as to get the additional 10% discount on my purchase.


spot the difference

I was at Market! Market! mall a few weeks ago and I saw the price of Ruby Red apple display at PhP59.75 each. I was delighted to see that SM is selling it for only PhP49.75 each. A 10% discount is given on the cashier and if you have an SM Advantage card, an additional 10% off will be given to you as long as you shop between 10am to 12nn on the first day only. The price would now be down to PhP40 each. What a savings or so I thought!


Here are the proofs:

sm receipt

landmark receipt

Until I went to Landmark in Trinoma yesterday. The same Ruby red apple is sold for only PhP39.75 each and since the store is also on sale until August 31, a discount of 10% is given at the cashier. Exactly the same item but it is cheaper in Landmark.

vase full of washington apples

I bought 20 pieces of apples in SM and an additional 5 pieces more in Landmark to fill the vase. Buti nalang it turned out great hehe Kung hindi ang sama na ng loob ko sa haba ng pinila ko sa SM lol

Follow up: I was in Robinson's Galleria and I saw the same red Washington apple priced at 50% off from the original price of PhP99. What?? OK lang ang Robinson's?