My Review: Obagi-C RX System C-SunGuard SPF 30

By now, most of you have read about the House Of Obagi (HOO) that I have attended two months ago. What I didn't tell you is that I was given a box of Obagi-C RX System C- Sunguard with SPF 30... woot!

I was quite happy with my Pevonia Botanica Ligne Soleil sunblock so I was not able to try this product sooner. Fact is that I tend to stick with one brand if the product suits me well. Case in point, the bottle I had was already half empty when I gave it away to my mom. Yes, I have to part with a product to give way to other brands so I can share my experience with you, my dear readers ; )

OBAGI C-Sunguard SPF 30 3 fl. oz (90ml) PhP3740

What is Sun Protection Factor (SPF)?

SPF numbers signify the duration of protection against UVB rays versus not using a sunscreen. E.g. no sunscreen= sunburn onset 10 minutes; SPF 30= sunburn onset 300 minutes.

UVA:

  • Penetrates skin more deeply than UVB
  • Plays a major role in accelerating photoaging: wrinkles, skin roughening, blotchy skin color, brow spots, poor skin tone, sallowness
  • Can contribute to development of skin cancer

UVB:

  • Penetrates skin less deeply than UVA
  • Is a primary cause of sunburn
  • Plays a key role in the development of skin cancer
  • Contributes to photoaging

unopened tube of C- Sunguard SPF 30 

I started using C-SunGuard SPF 30 two weeks ago. Before that, I needed to rest my face from all the products that I was trying... talk about being a guinea pig lol 

yup, a pea size goes a long way!

Anyway, I maximized the use of this product during the entire time I was busy attending to the wake of my mother in law last week. I was able to put it to test yesterday during her funeral where family members had to walk for several minutes under the blazing sun. Gaaah, the heat was terrible! The good thing was my brown spots didn't show up afterwards ; ) The product must have worked!


ultra sheer Z-Cote finish... love it!

Z- Cote- an effective barrier that provides a superior measure of sun protection from UVB damage and against long -UVA rays linked to premature akin aging.

Why I love it:

  • One of the active ingredients is Zinc Oxide (9%)- you want this or Titanium Dioxide in your sunscreen
  • sheer finish
  • easily absorb by the skin
  • doesn't feel heavy- not too thick
  • in between watery and creamy
  • no white residue
  • best of all, it is unscented!

Tips on using a sun C- SunGuard SPF 30:

  • Apply generously and evenly 15 minutes before sun exposure
  • Reapply as needed or after towel drying, swimming or perspiring
  • For maximum protection, it is important to use your sunscreen every day because UV radiation can reach the skin even on cloudy days and through glass windows. I am told even under the fluorescent light.

Always remember to store the product at room temperature 15°-18°C. Try to limit sun exposure particularly between 10am to 4pm. Wear protective clothing and use sunscreen (at least an ounce or 2 tablespoons all over your body) to reduce the risks of skin aging, skin cancer and other harmful effects of the sun. Use sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher.

Price wise, it is pretty expensive at PhP3740. Other than that, I pretty much like the product. What is your brand of sunscreen?