Beaujolais Wine Dinner At Sofitel


November 25, 2013

Beaujolais Wine Dinner
La Veranda, Sofitel Philippine Plaza

PhP 2,990 nett/pax

I don't drink and I know nothing about wine but DH is the exact opposite. He was the one who taught me how to drink wine- swirl, smell, sip and taste. I will never get used to it so I only drink or shall I say taste it occasionally.

Cremant de Bourgogne, Blanc de Blanc (Aperitif)

One Monday night, we were invited by Sofitel for a Beaujolais Wine Dinner.  While DH was ecstatic, I was a bit overwhelmed by the number of wines (11 to be exact including one for aperitif) served that night.

Read more after the break...




(left to right) King and Queen of Beaujolais

Moulin a Vent 2010 and Fleurie 2010 aka the King and Queen of Beaujolais were just two of the wines we tasted that night. 

"Fleurie" means flowery. It is a fruity wine. It should be drunk young (2 to 5 years). It is considered as one of the most expensive Beaujolais wine.

Moulin a Vent was named after a local windmill in France. When fully mature, Moulin a Vent resembles Burgundy, it is strong and powerful. And yes, it is the most expensive among the Beaujolais wine.


Yves Domique Ferraud, Owner and winemaker of P. Ferraud & Fils in Beaujolais, France

Macon Villages 2011, Chardonnay

Naturally, we paired good wine with the sumptuous buffet spread from Sofitel Philippine Plaza's Spiral. I had the following food that night....

steak and prawn

If only I was not on a diet, I could have eaten more that night. Ever since I started with Marie France, I am more conscious now on what I put on my plate.

foie gras burger
 
lobster

crepe

I want to taste every ice cream available so I had a little scoop of mango, strawberry and ube.

We would have tasted more wine from Beaujolais selection like Macon Rouge 2011,  Beaujolais Villages 2010, Brouilly 2011, Chiroubles 2009, Julienas 2011, Saint Amour 2011 and Morgon if we have more time. Neither do we want to be tipsy driving back home either so we left earlier than most of the guests.

It was wonderful to experience wine tasting in Sofitel. If you want to book a reservation for Beaujolais Wine Dinner, you can call 8326988 or 5515555 ext. 6988.

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +
MrsMartinez's Raves and Rants is a lifestyle blog of a mom who loves food, beauty, shopping, travel and more!