Happy Chinese New Year (#CNY) 2014 from MrsMartinez


Gong Xi Fa Cai! Gong Hey Fat Choy! 恭禧發財! 恭禧发财! All means the same thing---> Wishing you to be prosperous in the coming year!


Chinese New Year display on our table

Last night, I went to Unimart to shop for fruits to be displayed on our table. I didn't know that a lot of people were doing some last minute shopping. The lines were pretty long because not all the counters were open... boo!

If you have been following me on IG (@xoxoMrsMartinez), you have probably seen the fruit display on my dining table, if not you can view it after the break...




10 kinds of fruits

I know it should be 12 to represent the 12 months but I was only able to buy 10. Pineapple is very important because it symbolizes wealth and luck but it's not available.. bummer, right? So, I bought all the round-shaped fruits that I can find hahaha

READ update below!!!

grapes, apple, lemon, orange,  pomelo


kiat kiat, pear, ponkan, mango, pomelo, papaya


Chinese New Year's eve is tonight. I still have time to go to the supermarket/grocery to buy pineapple and another fruit to add to my fruit display ; )

UPDATE!!!!

pineapple

12 fruits on my table

Here's the list of the round fruits I bought for the Chinese New Year- pineapple, persimon, kiat kiat, pears, oranges, ponkan, mango, papaya, pomelo, apple, grapes and lemon.


persimon


"Xin [sing] Nian [nee-an] Kuai [kwai] Le [ler]" 新年快乐!(Happy New Year!)  Hong Bao Na Lai (Red envelope please!)

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +