Shuin opens in San Juan


July 16, 2013

Shuin The Smoked Chicken Food House
G and L Bldg. (beside Serenitea)
Little Baguio, San Juan

Last Tuesday, my friend accompanied me to Sanctuario de San Jose to submit the names of the godparents (all six pairs!) of my daughter. We then proceeded to Greenhills Shopping Center to look for blue buttons for the DIY Lalaloopsy invitation. Unfortunately, Carolina does not carry the particular button I am searching for ; (

With nothing else to do, I suggested that we have lunch in Shuin, the newly opened restaurant beside Serenitea in J.A. Santos in San Juan.

 Shuin Pork Chop Rice with 2 side dishes of your choice PhP 130

This restaurant reminded me of "pientang" set up in Taiwan. Pientang is Taiwan's version of turo-turo. In Taiwan, your order will come in the form of a lunch box.

In Shuin, after choosing the main entree, ex. pork chop, you can pick 2 side dishes from the counter. There are several choices like sausage, tofu, meat balls on stick and kiam chai.

Read more after the break...




my friend's pick- kiam chai and meat balls on stick

You can order additional side dishes for only PhP 25 each.

 Dumpling Noodles PhP 130

Yesterday, I was back in Shuin. I ordered the same thing ; p I know I am lame haha My dad ordered a huge bowl of noodles. There were 5 dumplings, 2 beef balls and half a slice of adobo egg, not bad for PhP 130.

mapo tofu PhP 65

My cousin ordered one serving of mapo tofu. It was spicy and appetizing. She also ordered half rice to go with her mapo tofu. Yes, you can order half rice for only PhP 15. One bowl of rice is 25. 

I will order Shuin's Smoked Chicken and Duck when I go back. I can't wait!

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +