Kate Spade Newbury Lane Cadene (Saffiano Leather) in Cliff Grey


This Kate Spade Newbury Lane Cadene in Cliff Grey was the one that I exchanged for another stock because one of the handles didn't fall right into place, see related article here. When I bought this, I was not aware that the type of leather treatment used was Saffiano until I researched online.

Kate Spade Newbury Lane Cadene in Cliff Grey $325 less 50% less 20% + tax

What is Saffiano leather? I found several answers on the web and decided to repost it here for reference....

It is a pressed on leather with crosshatched design. It makes the bag scratch resistant and water resistant. It also gives it a glossy appearance, some might comment that it looks like plastic ; ( But it does not look plastic in the photo, right? Maybe it's the color that I have chosen.

The only downside I see is that it will not develop a patina (art of aging) over time.

Read more after the break...


Kate Spade dust bag

She tucked her coral lipstick away and floated back to the party

Kate Spade New York plate tag

Take a closer look at the crosshatched design- it's a pattern of two or more intersecting parallel lines.

Kate Spade Newbury Lane Cadene in Cliff Grey (top view)

Even with the snap closure, the bag is still wide open. You cannot bring this bag to Divisoria or to Quiapo lol

snap closure

roomy interior with zippered side pocket on one side and multifunction slip pockets on the other side

leather tag with gold embossing

100% Cow Leather

Shell: 100% Cow Leather
Trim: 100% Cow Leather
Lining: 100% Cotton

Made in Vietnam

front and back zip pockets for more storage

YKK zipper

This bag has gold tone hardware.

bottom feet of the bag

I love it when bags have bottom feet. It makes me feel that my bags are well taken cared of because the bottom does not touch the surface where I place it on. In short, it protects my bag form bag-teria.

I bought a total of 5 five bags, I will show the other two in another entry. I hope you enjoyed looking at all my purchases. More photos when I get back... promise!

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +
MrsMartinez's Raves and Rants is a lifestyle blog of a mom who loves food, beauty, shopping, travel and more!