Shomal Kebabs & Curries by Hosseins

My visit: October 10, 2009

Shomal Kebabs and Curries by Hossein
4th level
Trioma Mall, Quezon City
9015613

DH and I were glad to see Hossein's back in Trinoma after months in hiatus. Now brandishing under a new name, Shomal Kebabs and Curries by Hossein, it is definitely worth a try. I learned that Shomal means North and also Old Persian. Shomal by Hossein serves North African, Eastern Mediterranean, Caspian and South Asian cuisine. Shomal serves halal meat. Different name, same classy interior down to its toilet. I like the tiles used in the sink area.

roti chanai PhP105

This is our all time favorite bread here in Hossein's. Roti Chanai is a Malaysian puffed sweet bread served with special Chanai sauce made with a blend of Indian spices.

Persian Chicken Curry

The serving of this dish is quite small. Only about 5 pieces of small cut chicken, two potatoes and one carrot lol Pretty expensive dish.

chelo beef kebab solo

This is a wrong order, we must have miscommunicated with our server. We were trying to differentiate the kebabs on their menu. It turned out that this is a grilled ground beef. And you don't want that. We wanted beef cubes not grounded beef. We were disappointed but we learned our lesson and try not to order this again in the future.

chelou lamb shish

Now this is what we wanted. It is served with saffron rice. The rice served was already mixed with butter. This is delish! The lamb is tender and cooked just right.

sauce

I wouldn't try again the red sauce as it is fiery hot! The white one called garlic sauce, surprisingly, is very tasty.

If you want to splurge on good food, you definitely have to try this restaurant. Correct me if I am wrong, I think this branch offers cheaper food on the menu compare to its Makati branch.

UPDATE!!

We went back last April 1, 2011. DH and I ordered hellenic share PhP390, mezze platter PhP465, 2 pcs. of nan PhP29 @ and roti chanai PhP105.

mezze platter PhP465

mache polo PhP649

I order mache polo every chance I visit Shomal. It is a leg of lamb. It is very tender and the sauce is delicious. We order nan so we can dip it in the sauce ; p

I can't wait for my next visit, you bet I will order mache polo again ; )