Banana Leaf

My visit: November 15, 2009

Banana Leaf
213 Level 2
Greenbelt 3 Mall
Ayala Center, Makati City
7293333

It's been years since my last visit in this restaurant. My friend, CML, always has good words for this restaurant. So when we went to Makati yesterday and saw it, I gave DH a nudge to have our dinner there. We only have 45 minutes for dinner before the movie 2012 starts. Buti nalang, the service was fast.

ceiling lights and wall

I like the ceiling light design and also their wall in the dining area... very artsy- fartsy.

banana leaf as plate

Since only a little time was on our hands, here's what we have ordered:

roti canai PhP78 and curry sauce PhP30

I like the version of Hossein's Roti Channai than Banana Leaf's. The bread, as I call it, is bland but the curry sauce is well curry ;p

Malay Noble vegetable PhP188

DH's favorite! We always order it whenever we dine here. Try it!

Black Curry Lamb PhP268

At first look you might not want to touch it lol But once you tasted it, something good ill happen. Kidding aside, I like this dish. It's the first time I tried a lamb cooked dried to perfection. And the combination with grated coconut gives a kick to it. It's a must try!

Pandan iced tea costs PhP68 and plain rice costs PhP30.