Buon Giorno at Rockwell Business Center

My event: March 24, 2011

Buon Giorno Cafe & Bistro
G/F Tower 1 West
Rockwell Business Center
Ortigas Ave., Pasig City
7103515   5119092

I have eaten in Buon Giorno Tagaytay numerous times. I love the breezy fresh air while dining but I have to admit it's really far.  Well, I have a good news, you can now save on gas because you don't have to go to Tagaytay if you are craving for pizza, pasta and all good Italian food! It's good to know that they have a newly opened branch located in Rockwell Business Center in Ortigas. 

beef wagyu anyone?

Did the picture above entice you to read more? Beef Wagyu with Shitake Mushroom was the main entree on the buffet table that night. And I confessed, I had a couple of slices ; p It's so tender. If not for the fat attached to the meat, I could have eaten more. But I have a lot of self control and will power that night lol


I was one of the bloggers who sampled on Buon Giorno's feast. Once seated, I was handed a menu so I can choose my drink. I was torn between Caramel Apple and Strawberry Lemonada (PhP181). Caramel Apple won me over because I love the mix of flavors. Not overly sweet and just the right amount of caramel goodness.

Caramel Apple PhP140

Most of my seat mates ordered Cold Tarragon (PhP60). My choice is always the unhealthy one lol I should have ordered tea instead. Hmmm, maybe on my next visit hehe

 Zuppa Di Zucca Arrosto PhP140

Each blogger had a different soup. I am glad that this thick and creamy roasted pumpkin soup was served to me.

two flavors in one crisp, crusty dough- New York PhP295 and Vegetarian PhP265

My pizza slices were already cold when I got back from shooting all the food at the buffet table so I was not able to enjoy it.

New York pizza
  • assorted meat
  • bell peppers
  • cheese

Vegetarian pizza
  • zucchini
  • spinach
  • roasted bell peppers
  • eggplant

 B'uon Giorno's Special Insalata (salad) PhP218

Their special salad consists of slices of apples, grapes, tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and mixed greens topped with their famous salad dressing called MarLinJo's. Suffice to say, I had salad overload that night lol

 Pescatore Alla Puttanesca PhP308

I am not fond of pasta but I am sure DH would like to try this one because he is fond of spicy food. Plus, he likes his pasta with lots of tomato sauce.

Pollo E Funghi (Chicken and Mushroom) Risotto PhP302

I love this dish. I can eat this everyday haha The chicken and mushroom were aplenty. I just had to control my rice intake that's why I only had one serving plus, there were a lot of food served that night. 

with the very cute Jed, son of Jen

I finally met the cute and intelligent son of a fellow blogger, Jen, that night. He is so cuddly and endearing!

I have to go back for the chicken and mushroom risotto and the cold tarragon tea! What's your favorite dish in Buon Giorno?

Thanks to Buon Giorno and Ferdinand Bondoy of Campaigns for the invitation!

UPDATE:

DH and I went back to Buon Giorno Rockwell last June 4, 2011. We used the gift certificates I got from the event. 

bruschetta PhP180

For starters we ordered Buon Giorno's Special Insalata and bruschetta. 

Bruschetta is a toasted Italian bread drenched in olive oil and served typically with garlic or tomatoes. 

In this order, bruschetta is served with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil on garlic- olive toast. It can fill an empty stomach.

 crema de funghi PhP170

Fresh wild mushroom rich soup perfect for rainy days!

penne al arrabiata PhP286

The pasta is DH's order. I am not fond of pasta so I was not able to taste this. 

lamb chop PhP598

See the mint sauce? I heart lamb with mint sauce. Not exactly looking like the lamb chop in La Reserve or Zucchini's but it was tender. Big enough for me, it satisfied my lamb cravings!

I am definitely going back to Buon Giorno!