Yoshinoya Century Bangus Kabayaki for Lent

My event: March 14, 2011

Yoshinoya Century Bangus Kabayaki
Century Culinary Circle
Unit 102 Food St.,
Ortigas Home Depot Complex
Dona Julia Vargas Ave., 
Pasig City

Yoshinoya has come out with its latest offering in time for the lenten season. But before I show you what it is,  I know a lot of you are having a hard time finding ways to create different dishes using fish as the main ingredient. I am glad to share with all of you that Century Pacific Group, the same group that brought Yoshinoya to the Philippines, unveiled its newest family member- Century Bangus!

And to prove that fish can be made into different dishes, Yoshinoya, invited bloggers to its test kitchen and made some yummy dishes- appetizer, salad and pasta- using Century Premium Boneless Bangus (Marinated). 

Century Bangus and Farfalle A La Genovese

This is nice! The ribbon pasta was cooked al dente. The pesto sauce was just right... creamy and tasty. And they included my favorite,  grated parmesan cheese they used for garnish!


Century Bangus and Kani Burrito

I am not ashamed and I have to tell you that I finished this burrito in three bites! The Japanese mayo mixed with wasabi was to die for haha This is a healthy dish because it has cucumber, sliced ripe mango and lettuce wrapped in a tortilla. 

Century Bangus Salad with Caramelized Pear and Walnut

I would have loved this salad if I tasted more of the caramelized pear. I think I got to taste just one which was unfair haha 

But really, when they asked if we liked what they served, I was like "Are you kidding me?" because I already emptied everything that was served on my plate haha It was that good or I was just really hungry lol

And as if I wasn't full from what they have served,  Yoshinoya Century Bangus Kabayaki was placed on our table. 

Yoshinoya Century Bangus Kabayaki Php140

Yoshinoya Bangus Kabayaki is breaded and deep fried using Premium Century Quality Bangus belly line served with special Kabayaki sauce.

Launched just last March 9, 2011, Century Bangus Kabayaki tasted good in spite of the occasional fish bones that I have encountered. I like that it was not swimming in sauce. And the bean sprout completed this dish. 

Shrimp Katsu PhP140; with Jumbo plate with Beef Bowl PhP185

Part of the lenten offering and for a limited time only, Shrimp Katsu is breaded shrimp patties with mixed vegetables served over steamed rice. You can order it over rice for only PhP140 and together with beef bowl on a jumbo plate for only PhP185.

Apple Perdigon, the chef who whipped up the first 3 dishes that was served and Mr. Ricardo Logarta Jr., AVP Operations- Emerging Business

Thanks Yoshinoya for a very filling night! I hope Century Bangus Kabayaki stays on your menu all year round!