Samsung Galaxy Tab Life 2.0 Brand Ambassadors

My event: May 11, 2011

Cantinetta
Powerplant Mall

I normally shy away from tech events but I am interested with what Samsung Galaxy Tab Life 2.0 has to offer. I am also kind of intrigue to see their new batch of brand ambassadors so I ended up attending this press launch.

I was on time but the event started an hour or so late. I was seated only a table away from the host who was holding a Samsung Tab. It was within my reach but I was not lucky enough to touch it haha Maybe I can buy one for myself. With its impressive feature, how can anyone resist it.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3G and Wi-Fi feature:

  • 7 inch TFT LCD touch screen made with impact resistant Corning Gorilla Glass
  • 1024 x 600 WSVGA resolution
  • 11.98 millimeter thin
  • weighs 380g
  • Sleek design with only 2 physical buttons- power and volume rocker
  • 3.5 milimeter headphone jack
  • mic
  • speaker
  • microSD card slot
  • 2 cameras- rear-facing 3MP camera and camcorder and front-facing 1.3MP camera and camcorder 
  • video chat capabilities
  • powered by Google Android 2.2 (Froyo)
  • supports Adobe Flash Player 10.1
  • 16GB internal storage and can be expanded to 32 GB for additional storage
  • super-sized 4,000mAH battery

That noon, the 14 different personalities gathered together share one thing in common, the Samsung Galaxy Tab and how their life has since been upgraded with Life 2.0. Samsung has selected such a diverse set of ambassadors who excel in their respected field.

Samsung's brand ambassadors holding Galaxy Tab

The Samsung 2011 brand ambassadors are:

  • Jaymie Pizarro- editor and publisher, The Bull Runner Webmagzine
  • JJ Yulo- business owner, Pinoy Eats World
  • Aids Tecson- founder, Underground Logic
  • Carlos Celdran- founder, Walk This Way
  • Yael Yuzon- vocalist, Sponge Cola
  • Laureen Uy- owner, Style Break
  • Gang Badoy- founder, RockEd Philippines
  • Ivan Acuna- painter
  • Rosan Cruz- publicist
  • Liza Ilarde- fashion editor, Style Weekend
  • Dustin Andaya- owner, Island Rose
  • Tippi Ocampo- designer
  • Jowee Alviar and Mon Punzalan- owners, Team Manila

with Carlos Celdran

I have spotted Carlos Celdran on his way out. He obliged for a photo op. Wearing a red long sleeved shirt, I wouldn't miss a chance taking his photo with me. Known for his now infamous Damaso stunt, Carlos is still much visible as a performance artist in his one man show, Walk This Way.

He has this to say for Samsung Galaxy Tab "My favorite thing about the Galaxy Tab is that it's sturdy. It's not delicate. And it is strong enough to withstand all the hits ad bangs of my lifestyle. Its like my office goes around with me. Because of the telephone feature, the tab has become and integral part of my existence."

I have to share what we had for lunch because it's so good, I wanted to go back for more!

carpaccio with melon 

Carpaccio-an Italian hors d'oeuvre consisting of thin slices of raw beef or fish served with a sauce.

pepperoni pizza

chicken and carbonara with mixed vegetables

flan

The event ended with Samsung giving away 3 Galaxy Tabs! Woo hoo! I didn't win the raffle though but I might just save up for it ; p