Baang Coffee now in SM Sta. Mesa

My visit: May 5, 2011

Baang Coffee
Ground Floor
SM City Sta. Mesa

When my parents and I saw that Baang Coffee in SM Sta. Mesa was already opened, we went there to have our lunch. We have been waiting for it to open since we first saw the tarpaulin outside the still under construction coffee shop. 

The place was half full when we went in. We proceeded to the counter to order. My dad ordered Korean Beef Stew with rice, my mom had chicken adobo rice and I ordered Tocilog


 twice cooked adobo chicken PhP128

The chicken adobo was swimming in sauce which is not bad if it tasted good but the adobo was so dark. I guess  too much soy sauce was put in it. 

This dish came in late. We have to call the attention of the servers several times to follow up this order. By the time it was served, my dad and I were already finished with our meal.


Korean Beef Stew PhP168

The Korean beef stew was good. There were only a few beef cubes but it was alright. 

Baang tocino PhP118

Red Ribbon's tocino is better than Baang's. I am not saying it doesn't taste good. All I am saying is that I like Red Ribbon's version more.

Since they had just opened when we dined, I can't wait to go back and see any improvement in terms of service and the food quality.