Fashion Find: My very own FitFlop Electra Strata Tiger Eye (Bronze)

Finally! I bought my very own FitFlop! It's my first ever and I bought it in Duty Free Philippines last Sunday. I used it as soon as I stepped out of Duty Free. 

FitFlop Electra Strata Tiger Eye

I have been pondering on whether to buy or not to buy FitFlop for over a year now. Until I saw this V- shaped- soft- lined leather sandal with matching triple- tonal sequins. It is definitely a looker. The glittering sandal is definitely a must have!

FitFlop Electra Strata Tiger Eye (Bronze) $ 69

Benefits of Toe- Post sandal like Electra Strata:

  • High Density- absorbs up to 22% more shock to help relieve joint stress
  • Low Density- midsection creates instability which increases leg and bottom muscle activation up to 30%
  • Mid Density- toe cap helps maintain speed, pace and variation.
  • realign ground force reaction closer to your joints so you feel less ache in your hips and knees
  • reduce foot pressure and pain from heel spurs and plantar fasciitis, chronic back pain, sciatica, osteoarthritis, RLS (restless leg syndrome), scoliosis, degenerative disc disease and lower leg swelling
  • Improves posture, increase energy, firmness and muscle tone

Warning!! FitFlop has the potential to increase muscle activity in terms of duration and workload and instigates a more active foot profile. As such, all FitFlop footwear is recommended to be used progressively to avoid excessive muscle soreness. Consult a medical practitioner if you are pregnant, have health concerns and experience discomfort before continuing to wear the footwear.


Outfit of the Day (OOTD) in SM Mall of Asia (MOA)


FitFlop Made in Thailand; also available in Palladium

Guess what? My mom got one in Black Magic. My DS took this photo while we were in the midst of window shopping in SM MOA. Yes, after visiting Duty Free, we went straight to MOA.

I walked for hours in this sandals. I felt a tight grasp in the mid strap. My mom assured me that once I have worn it long enough the sandals would conform to my foot. The insides are made of soft cushioned material so my skin is protected and has no visible bruise at all.



topview of FitFlop website


How to find the right FitFlop for you:

  • To ensure that your Toe- Post Sandals fit, take 20-30 brisk walking steps in them, then look at your heels to make sure they are not being pushed off the back of the footbed. If they are, the upper straps are too tight across your instep and you need to size up.
  • If a size up is too long for your foot, you may opt to try the adjustable sandals
  • To ensure Adjustable Sandals fit, push your heel into the backstrap until the curve of your foot's arch lines up with the curve of the sandal midsole. Then adjust the front straps as needed, and proceed with the steps above. 
  • If your heels are being pushed back, but the midsole length is correct, readjust the straps.
  • It is normal to have some space between your toes and the front of the sandal. 


 close up of Electra Strata

How to take care of your FitFlop:

  • To clean the footbed of you shoes, wet the midsole and scrub in circles. An old toothbrush and a mild laundry powder can help.
  • If your upper is made of webbing, wipe with a damp cloth
  • If your upper is made from patent leather, wipe with damp cloth or a  special patent spray cleaner
  • If your upper is made from leather, special leather cleaner is recommended
  • If your upper is made from suede or nubuck, treat it wth suede protection to assure they keep their appearance and as with any suede footwear, try not to get them wet
  • If your upper is made of sequins or crystals, wipe wit dry cloth
  • If your upper is synthetic, wipe with damp cloth
  • Do not put in washing machine, dryer or submerge in water


What is FitFlop Microwobbleboard?

It is a muscle loading technology engineered by Dr. David Cook and Darren James of The Center for Human Performance at the London South Bank University. It increases the time your muscles are engaged in every single time you take a step.

I am wearing it again in the office today. Hopefully, this sandals can give me a workout while I walk or shop hahaha 

Can't wait to post my Hong Kong finds!

photo credit: FitFlop