New Find: Kabigting's Halo Halo- The Pride of Arayat

My visit: August 27, 2011

Kabigting's Halo Halo
592 N.S. Amoranto St.,
Quezon City

I have read a lot of rave reviews about Kabigting's Halo Halo. I have to find out for myself if it is really as good as they say. DH and I went one Saturday afternoon to try the pride of Arayat!

carabao milk pastillas in sticky beans and cream corn

Kabigting's halo halo reminds me of Razon's because these two have only 3 main ingredients. Razon's ingredients are saba, macapuno and leche flan while Kabigting's has carabao milk pastillas, mashed white kidney beans cooked similar to halaya and cream of corn. The shaved ice of Razon's is finer though.

Kabigting's Halo Halo- the pride of Arayat PhP75

At first, I was not able to taste the carabao milk pastillas until the lady manning the counter pointed out that it is wrapped inside the beans. I love the pastillas to bits! It was deliciously creamy.

This is sweeter compared to the halo- halo of Razon's.

palabok PhP60

Being a noodle lover, DH ordered palabok. The rice noodle is topped with crunchy chicharon and 2 slices of hard boiled eggs with fresh green onions. 

It tasted good and it didn't scrimp on ingredients.

longsilog PhP90

Longsilog is a portmanteau of a favorite Filipino breakfast combination longanisa (meat sausage), sinangag (garlic fried rice) and itlog (egg).

We went home feeling so full and satisfied with our afternoon snack. I want to go back and have Kabigting's halo- halo again!