Melissa Memories: Rock Princess in White

This is a delayed post. 

A few weeks ago, I was with a friend of mine excitedly waiting for the doors of Trinoma to open. Yes, we were there a little before 10 am on a Saturday to avoid the crowd and other bargain hunters like me lol

Our first stop, Geléia. It is located on the 2 / F Level near Mindanao Wing (901-1619). I saw several ballet flats on sale but I settled for Rock Princess, in white, of course!

Melissa Memories Rock Princess SP AD PhP 2,895 PhP 2,065

I just called the store earlier this week, I learned about the sad news, the shoes is back to its original price (PhP 2,895). Good news for me because I got it at 30% off! ; p But my happiness didn't last that long, find out why after the break...


unboxing my Melissa Memories

What's inside the package:

  • Shoe box complete with shoe detail (e.g. Item, Code and Shoe Size)
  • Tissue paper
  • Care card
  • A pair of shoes
  • Dust bag


a pair of Rock Princess in white

Melissa is the original 'jelly' born in 1979 in Brazil. For over 30 years the melissa label has been creating and designing shoes that are exported to all parts of the world. Melissa is made from PVC manufactured by Brazilian company Grendene in Brazil. - SOURCE

Melissa PVC strap

The following photos might help you spot a fake Melissa shoes: 

Melissa logo

Melissa shoe strap buckle in gold

Eberle Fashion written at the back of the shoe buckle

Melissa logo at the bottom of the shoes

closer look at the design of Rock Princess

A few years ago, to add to the Melissa experience, the decision was made to infuse all Melissa shoes with a sweet bubblegum smell. The smell will not last forever - but it does remain for quite a few months and is one of the most talked about features of Melissa. - SOURCE

3 inch heel

Melissa Rock Princess in white

I had difficulty walking after a couple of hours though. This is definitely not a walking shoes. After removing the shoes, I can still smell the bubblegum scent on my feet ; ) Nice!

I saw this tear near the strap after a single use

While taking photos for this blog post, I notice a tear on one side of the shoes. I am so upset. All I thought was "There goes my money down the drain!" If I remembered it right, I wore this at a friend's birthday party and I was seated the whole time.




I am afraid the tear might get worse so I didn't use it ever since. I wonder what remedy I could do with it? I have tried calling the store where I bought it and was advised to write an email which I did but then I got no reply ; ( 

I supposed I should not have bought the one on display, huh? This really bummed me out. If I knew that this will break after one use, I would not have bought it. Good thing, I only bought one and I didn't buy the more expensive ones ; p 

melissa mary jane style shoes

not for walking

I still love the style but I wish Melissa could do something with the quality of the shoes. After all, this is an expensive plastic shoes to begin with. 

Do you have any good / bad experience with your Melissa shoes? Kindly share it here.

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +