New Find: Burger Bar in Greenbelt 2

January 14, 2013

Burger Bar
2nd Fl. Greenbelt 2
Ayala Center, Makati

A friend invited me over to try out the newest burger in town- Burger Bar. In this restaurant, you can be The Boss because you can actually choose everything that goes in your burger, yes, even the bun!

The Hangover Burger (single patty) PhP 285

Onion griddles double patty Big Game Blend of hanger and brisket, yellow cheddar, crisp proscuitto, fried egg, arugula, caramelized onions, BBQ sauce & house aiola all on a sesame bun

Since all four of us are first-timers, we decided to give Burger Bar's hand-crafted, freshly ground on-site, custom blended patties a try. These are 100% pure beef and are seared only upon order.

The Hangover Burger was actually served last but it's sooo good that I am making it this post's primary photo. It doesn't hurt that it looks good too ; p

To taste a little bit of everything, each burger, except for The Lamb Burger, were divided into four. Imagine our fear of splitting the burger into four when The Hangover was served to us. At one point, we all thought that the egg yolk will spill over but it did not. We were all able to eat our fair share of the burger ; )

The Hangover is also available in double patties for PhP370. 


The Bar Burger (single patty) PhP 290

A double patty Big Game Blend of hanger & Brisket, smoked scamorza & gorgonzola cheeses, fresh proscuitto, watercress, caramelized onions spiked with sriracha aioli, crowned with crispy onion rings all on a Brioche Bun

Of course, we must order The Bar Burger. Adding watercress to this seemingly sinful burger makes you feel you are eating a balanced diet ; p

The Bar Burger's double patties will cost you PhP 395.

The Lamb Burger PhP 385

A 6.5 oz. house-ground lamb shoulder patty, feta cheese, harissa, sliced cucumber, yoghurt, pickled red onions, house-made aioli all on a Brioche Bun

Since two of my friends were not fond of lamb, I ate half and split the other half with Franco. The patty was juicy, a bit gamey-as it should be but I love it ; ) It was my favorite! Needless to say, I was one satisfied foodie that night.

The Rising Shroom (single patty) PhP 280

Mustard-fried double patty Steak Cut Blend of sirloin and chuck, fried oyster mushroom tempura, white truffle creamed cheese & sauteed mushrooms all on a Keiser Roll

I love mushrooms! Even if I was already full from eating half of The Lamb Burger, I still wanted to taste The Rising Shroom. I was not able to eat the bun, just the beef patty and of course, the tempura mushrooms. Who can resist that?!

The Rising Shroom is available in double patties for only PhP 375.  

All four burgers were juicy. My only comment is that some of the burgers like The Rising Shroom and The Burger Bar beef patties are a bit salty.
Here are the other food on our table...

The Holiday Salad (Double Up & Share) PhP 360

Grilled chicken strips on a bed of crisp romaine, basil, feta cheese, almond sticks, strawberry vinaigrette

Aside from burgers, there are plenty of other choices on their menu. Try Holiday Salad, it has grilled chicken strips and veggies enough to make you fill full. I just have to say that I love the strawberry vinaigrette that comes with this salad. You can opt to have it separated too.

Also available in solo for PhP 245.

The Dip of Warm Artichoke & Spinach PhP 285

I think it was I who ordered The Dip of Warm Artichoke & Spinach but everyone on our table love it.

Buttermilk Chicken Tenders with Roasted Jalapeno Ranch & Curried Mango Aioli PhP 290

Chinatown Rock Shrimp Poppers PhP 260

This is my favorite among the appetizers we have ordered. I think I ate 3 or more Chinatown Rock Shrimp Poppers hahaha

Onion Rings PhP 80

For an added twist to its taste, BBQ Powder was sprinkled on top of the onion rings.

Mac N' Shrooms PhP 195

I think they used Shitake mushrooms on Mac N' Shrooms. 

Here are just some of the desserts we have ordered....

Blueberry Cheesecake PhP 135

Creamy cheesecale, baked in a jar, topped with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce & sprinkled with peanuts

Black & White Banana Split PhP 135

Chunks of Chocolate brownie, 2 layers of sliced bananas, vanilla & chocolate ice creams, caramel sauce, whipped cream, crushed peanuts & strawberry syrup

Molten Chocolate Bottoms PhP 135

Molten chocolate cake, baked in a jar, topped with vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce & sprinkled with peanuts

I often say that I always leave some room for dessert but that night, I was so full. I only get to taste a spoonful each of the desserts so I guess that will be one of the reasons to go back to Burger Bar. The other reason would be The Lamb Burger ; p

Chow!

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +