Muang Thai in Banawe, Quezon City



June 11, 2013

Muang Thai
494 Banawe St.,
Sta. Mesa Heights,
Quezon City
7418696

My family and I were in Banawe, Quezon City a few days ago looking for a place to eat. I was dreaming about Tasty's pork chop rice but my sister was adamant about the restaurant. She wanted to eat someplace else so I suggested Muang Thai. We had a filling lunch that day with some take out too!

 Steamed Vegetables and Prawns with Thai Shrimp Paste Relish PhP 245

Nam Prik Ruamit

Four pieces of boiled prawns, served with kangkong, slices of cucumber, fried eggplant and special thai bagoong on the side 

Not surprising, kangkong and bagoong go well together but with prawns? Well, it tasted good too! The eggplant was not soggy even though it was fried. The bagoong is more watery in consistent than what we normally would have. It's not salty at all.

The ingredients were aplenty, just look at the photo ; p


 Muang Thai Noodle PhP 120 (half)

Sop Kwitiaow Nam

Homemade fish, shrimp, squid, beef, pork and chicken balls with rice stick noodles and broccoli
leaves in clear broth

I ordered one Muang Thai Noodle in half for the little girl. I thought that this order would come in a small bowl , I was wrong. All 4 of us including the baby were able to have a fair share of the noodle soup ; p

The soup is light, has some broccoli and chicharon on top.... simply delicious!

 One whole Muang Thai Noodle costs PhP 225.

 Crispy Catfish Salad PhP 225

Yum Pla Fuu

Crsipy catfish flakes topped with shredded green mango salad in sweet and sour lime dressing

I like Muang Thai's version of catfish salad than Thai Bistro's. This order has just the right amount of catfish under the strips of green mango. Add Muang Thai's Chili Sauce and its perfect!

 Sweet Pork with Shrimp Paste (Bagoong Fried Rice) whole PhP 195

Fried rice with shrimp paste, dried shrimp and spices topped with sweet pork strips of fresh green mango and strips of scrambled egg

I always order Bagoong Fried Rice whenever I am in a Thai restaurant. An order is good for four pax. 

 Beef Garlic with Pepper PhP 235

Pad Kratiem Prik Nuea

Strips of lean beef sirloin stir-fried with bell pepper and garlic in special sauce

Beef Garlic with Pepper did not impress me. Or did I just order too much for the three of us? I would try out other items under beef section next time.

Sorry for the lack of posts for the past few days. I have been cleaning out the other room to make a play room for my baby. Photos next time!

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +