Dimsum Breakfast in Gloria Maris Greenhills


September 1, 2013

Gloria Maris Restaurant
Greenhills Shopping Center
San Juan

Nowadays, we seldom go out as a family because DH is always complaining about slow traffic everywhere. That is sooo true, I wish that MMDA would do something to ease the traffic.

Yesterday, to my surprise, he waited for #babyMartinez and I to wake up and have breakfast in Gloria Maris Greenhills.

Daddy's Day Out (because he seldom leaves the house ; p)

Most of the early risers were already gone by the time we arrived at the venue. Waiters were already cleaning the tables and nobody was paying attention to us. I plopped at one of the vacant couches then stand up again to call the attention of one of the waiters. They seemed to be all too tired or busy. I caught a sign near one of the computer that reads "Always smile when greeting the customer" or something to that effect. Well, I tell you, nobody did ; p

Anyway, to see what we have ordered, read more after the break...


 Hakaw PhP 160

Hakaw took some time to arrive because the kitchen steams it upon ordering. Except for the thick wrapper, I like Gloria Maris' version of Hakaw. There's generous serving of shrimps found inside.

 Beancurd Roll PhP 160

Gloria Maris' Beancurd Roll is not as sweet as Causeway's in Banawe, Quezon City. 

 Beef Ball PhP 158

Beef Ball is quite filling. I was only able to eat a piece. I let yaya eat the other one. 

 Spareribs Taosi PhP 148

Not the best Spareribs Taosi that I have tasted. It was quite hard to chew and the pork stuck in between my teeth. 

 Shark's Fin Siomai PhP 155

I always like ordering siomai whenever we dine in a dim sum restaurant. Gloria Maris' version did not disappoint.

 Asado Siopao PhP 158

It seems that we ordered way too much for three and a half people. I decided to take this out and eat it this morning. I just microwave it for a good 30 seconds (power 6) with a little water on the side. It tasted great. Do not forget to ask for hoisin sauce.

 Shrimp Rice Roll PhP 185

Aside from Asado Rice Roll PhP 160 (not in the photo), we also ordered Shrimp Rice Roll. As with hakaw, my complain is the rice roll's thick wrapper. I set aside half of the wrapper on the side of my plate the ate the filling with only half the wrapper.

Fish Fillet Congee PhP 175

In the first photo, DH was feeding #babyMartinez with Fish Fillet Congee. She would now run around so it was really a tedious task to feed her ; p Another thing, I think there's more teeth coming out so her gums must quite sensitive.

Anyway, I hope we can have breakfast together as a family every Sunday. Well, we always eat together naman but I wanted to go out as a family and this is our little bonding moment. You know what I mean, right?

Anyway, any suggestions on where to eat for breakfast will be highly appreciated.

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +