Japanese Restaurant: Sugi Greenhills

My visit: May 6, 2009

Sugi
Crossroad Arcade, Ortigas Avenue,
Greenhills, San Juan
72171111 7250208 7239496

my sis on her natal day

double celebration... nth celebration for me lol

parents

DH and I

family pic

Month of May is fiesta in my family. What? With 2 birthdays, 1 wedding anniversary and of course, Mother's day, May is a no diet month.DS' birthday was celebrated at Sugi, a Japanese restaurant. It was actually a double celebration as this was my fourth celebration, I think lol The servers were great in assisting us and suggesting what to order. Appetizers were served a few minutes after we were seated.

appetizer

chawan mushi- PhP135

salmon sushi- PhP190

saba sushi- PhP200

Ikura sushi- PhP370

I never tasted the four pictures above. Because one, I don't eat raw. Second, I don't know what chawan mushi is. Dad often order chawan mushi in every Japanese restaurant that we have tried. Salmon and Saba is DH's favorite order while the Ikura sushi or salmon roe is DS' call.

soft shell crab- PhP270

This soft shell crab was what I've ordered. It became my favorite ever since DH introduced it to me when we were still dating. *Did I just give away a trivia?*

ebi tempura- PhP360

Siempre kelangan may ebi tempura pag nasa Japanese restaurant ka. I don't know sa iba pero sa family ko parang kulang kung wala ito.

sukiyaki- PhP1,200

And ang pagkamahal mahal na sukiyaki. As in! In fairness, ang isang order na good for four lang daw kuno eh na i divide niya into 6 pax lol. Ewan ko kung panu pero nagawa nung server at me na i take out pa kami, I think, mga 2 bowls.

kaki karikari yaki- PhP340

Kaki kari kari yaki is actually an oyster cake. Hirap i-pronounce noh? Tongue twister lol Sa super busog ko hindi ko na natikman ito pero mukha naman siyang masarap. And no violent reaction naman si DH haha

ice cream for the birthday girls

Those that we ordered and yet for some reasons I forgot to take a picture were age maki PhP230, tamago yaki PhP120 and yasui kani salad PhP200.

I think, with no occasion, we wouldn't be dining here. The place isn't cheap so be ready to part with your hard earned moolah.