Zao Vietnamese Bistro

My visit: December 13, 2009

Zao Vietnamese Bisttro

1C16 Serendra
Fort Bonifacio Global City
8562819

DH was hungry... and was not smiling lol

fresh rolls with shrimp PhP 175

This appetizer filled me up as soon as I downed just a piece of it. The fresh roll is compose of shrimp, noodles and greens wrapped in rice paper with peanut sauce for dipping.

BBQ Spareribs PhP295

A huge serving of 2pcs. BBQ porkchop served on the table beside us caught my eye. I wanted to order the same thing. DH suggested the spareribs instead thinking that it was baby back ribs instead of liempo lol We were surprised when a liempo was served. But it's our bad so no complains. Sometimes we get confused too. I find the taste a bit sweet as I did not dip the spareribs in its special sauce. On the contrary, DH liked the taste of spareribs as he dipped it in its sauce. He said it balanced the taste. Half of the meat was fat so I made a mental note to order the porkchop next time.

Zao bowl PhP275

Rice Paper 4pcs. PhP75

An order of Zao bowl has more fried spring rolls,as you can see in the picture, than meat. Maybe next time we can order the meat- pork, chicken & beef individually instead.



DH and I were delighted that this restaurant serves rice paper wrap. Gives us the memory of the good food we had in HCMC. We forgot how to make do the wrap so I took the video above to help us remember the next time we forget lol

Vietnamese Beef Stew PhP345

I was so full from eating just one Zao bowl wrap that I only tasted a bite of Vietnamese Beef Stew. Nothing special with this dish, the meat was tender though. We took home the rest as DH finished all three rice paper wrapped with our order of Zao bowl.