Another Birthday Celebration in Ukokkei Ramen Ron

October 21, 2012

Ukkokei Ramen Ron
Ground Floor, 822 Tesoro Bldg.,
Arnaiz Ave., Makati City
8564588

DH and I invited my family to have lunch at Ukkokei Ramen Ron. Yeah, right, another ramen place! You see, DH loves noodles and since it was still his birthday week, he gets to choose the restaurant ; p It was our first time and DH was so thrilled to finally taste "The Best Ramen" in town!

Set A- Ukokkei Miso PhP 380

There were only 3 sets available that Sunday - Ramen (Set A), Yakisoba (Set B) and Half Ramen/Curry Rice (Set C). All three sets include gyoza and salad. For Set A, you can either choose between Ukokkei Miso (shown above) or Ukokkei Shoyu.

To view more photos, read after the break...


extra toppings: (clockwise start from top left) Chashu PHP 120, Corn PhP 30, Koumi PhP 40, Karamiso PhP 50

Don't be deceive by the small amount of karamiso. Those brave enough to taste it like DH and DS told me that it's sooo spicy!

Set A- Ukokkei Shoyu PhP 380

DH, DS and I all ordered Set A. DH chose Ukokkei Miso while DS and I ordered 2 bowls of Ukokkei Shoyu. If it's your first time to dine in Ukokkei, I suggest that you order Ukokkei Miso. The soup in Ukokkei Shoyu has a pungent smell of raw meat.

Set A also includes the following: 

Half Chahan 

 Gyoza

The Gyoza found in this photo was taken from Set C order that's why there's only 3 pieces ; p Set A has 4 pieces of Gyoza included. 

Salad

Gyoza is really good ; ) I am not a fan of Ukokkei's salad, which reminds me that people go there to taste its ramen ; p DS and I could not finish our bowls of ramen because the serving was too big even for our huge appetite. Come to think of it, we should have shared a bowl of ramen but I read somewhere that the owner does not allow sharing in his restaurant. Hmmm, I wonder if that is true.

Set B PhP 380 includes:
Set B- Yakisoba PhP 380

We ordered 2 Set B, one for my mom and the other one for DB. My mom was able to finish an entire bowl with my help, of course ; p I like Yakisoba! This alone is very filling.

Soup Gyoza

 Onigiri

Onigiri  also known as o-musubi (お結び; おむすび?) or rice ball, is a Japanese food made from white rice formed into triangular or oval shapes and often wrapped in nori (seaweed). Traditionally, an onigiri is filled with pickled ume (umeboshi), salted salmon, katsuobushi, kombu, tarako, or any other salty or sour ingredient as a natural preservative. Because of the popularity of onigiri in Japan, most convenience stores stock their onigiri with various fillings and flavors. There are even specialized shops whose only products are onigiri for take out.- SOURCE

 Set B also includes salad.

Set C- Half Ramen/ Curry Rice PhP 380

This was my dad's order. I was not able to taste the curry rice because I was still recovering from ulcer at that time.

Set C includes:

 Half Ramen

 Curry Rice

It also includes gyoza and salad.

DH and I

I love DH's shirt from Uniqlo... so him! hahaha 

I never met the so called "Ramen Nazi". I was able to take photos without the waitress, ordered by "the boss", reprimanding me.

All in all, we had a pleasant one hour lunch at this ramen place!

Let's stay connected:


Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +