Updated! Bonding at Afters Espresso & Desserts

November 1 & 11, 2012

Afters Espresso & Desserts
(between Mang Inasal & Mc Donald's)
UG4 20 Lansbergh Place
170 Tomas Morato Ave.,
Sacred Heart, Quezon City
7918789

Every year, when Cats celebrates her birthday, we celebrate it by having coffee and cake in the afternoon. She lives right next to me so I usually end up picking her. This year, we drove around Tomas Morato and Timog Avenue in search for a new cafe or dessert place.

While most cafes were closed because it's November 1st, we spotted a quaint cafe along Tomas Morato Avenue called Afters Espresso & Desserts. Looks like the cafe has just opened when we went in, the air conditioner was still on fan mode ; p

 Chocolate and Cheesecake PhP 150

We ordered a slice of Chocolate and Cheesecake. It's was not too sweet and the chocolate tasted good. If only the cheesecake is cheesier, it would have been perfect. 



 Green Tea Latte PhP 105

Cats and her Green Tea Latte. She was not feeling well that day but she was still able to smile for my camera hahaha

 Peppermint Frappuccino PhP 125

I find my drink a bit too sweet. The owner, Vincent Lim Fideles, went to our table to check on our order. I told him about my drink. He was pleasant to talk to... very warm and accommodating. In fact, we were not able to have our manicure and pedicure bonding session right after because we lose track of time hahaha

Thanks Cats for the drink and karaoke that night!

 Gelati: Straciatella & Mint Chips; Tiramisu & Strawberry Cheescake PhP 95/scoop

Gelato is an Italian or Italian-style ice cream.
It has less butterfat than ice cream, made by churning slower and has less air whipped into it; making it denser than ice cream.

I learned from the owner that he makes the gelato from scratch. With no place to go last Sunday, I invited my parents and sis to Afters to try out the different flavors of gelato.

The gelati we ordered were super sarap.... no kidding! Not even too sweet, well, except for Cotton Candy ; p You can taste test first before ordering, I tried several (Ferrero, Cotton Candy, Salted Caramel, Straciatella & Tiramisu) then settled for Tiramisu and Strawberry Cheesecake combination (PhP 95). My dad ordered Straciatella & Mint Chips combination (PhP 95).

The photo was taken from my Instagram album. The gelato melts easily so we ate it right away.

 Macademia/Hazelnut Flavored Latte PhP 119

Mom ordered a flavored latte.

 Affogato with Salted Caramel Gelato PhP 120

Affogato is usually served with Vanilla gelato but my sister chose Salted Caramel instead and she liked the taste of it.

 Affogato

If only I can take espresso right now, I would have ordered one for myself ; p

Affogato is an Italian dessert made of Vanilla gelato topped with a  shot of espresso.

Mantou: Pesto Spinach & Tuna Melt PhP 60

Mantou order is pretty inexpensive. You get two pieces for only PhP 60. I love both orders. I don't know if there are other fillings available because it was my mom who ordered it. Well, I can just check it out some other time.

You might miss the place when you are driving along Tomas Avenue going to GMA 7 because the sign is not well-lit, maybe a flood light can help ; p There's free WIFI and parking spaces available right in front of the cafe.

postscript:

November 23, 2012

I visited Afters Espresso & Dessert thrice in one month! Who can blame me? I fell in love with its gelato ; p

 Lava Cake PhP 110 ; Straciatella & Calamansi gelati PhP 95/scoop

 me and my choice of gelato

Gevi and I

Of course, I need to share this wonderful experience with my friend, Gevi. We went to Afters right after eating a sumptuous dinner at Thai Bistro.

The only person I have not brought to this place is DH. Oh, I need to plan our date right away!

Have you been to Afters Espresso & Desserts? What's your favorite gelato so I can try it on my next visit?

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +