Sun-Date at Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen in Shangri-La Plaza East Wing



January 12, 2014

Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen
Level 5, Unit 5033 East Wing
Shangri-La Plaza
EDSA cor. Shaw Blvd.,
Mandaluyong City
4778333

After a satisfying meal at Hanamaruken Ramen in Trinoma, we are on a roll! DH and I tried the much-talked-about ramen in town, Ikkoryu Fukuoka Ramen. We were glad we waited for the craze to die down because we were able to get a table within 5 minutes upon writing my name on the list.

Ajitama Tonkotsu PhP 380

DH ordered Ajitama Tonkotsu (one of the Chef's Recommendation items on the menu). It is a ramen topped with a special half-boiled egg that is fully marinated with a special blended soy sauce base.

A whiff of the soup suggests a strong aroma of the tonkotsu. I took a scoop of soup and had my first sip, yes even before DH's first dibs with his own bowl of ramen ; p I find it too salty. I don't know if that's what the true taste of a tonkaotsu ramen supposed to be. Please do tell me.

*For a more authentic Chikuho local way of eating, add powder grained sesame seeds and/or add a little red ginger pickles into the soup (DH did it!).

Read more after the break...




DH was able to finish his ramen but not the soup ; (

DH agreed with me that he didn't enjoy his order as much as he did with Hanamaruken Ramen. On a side note, he shared the soup with our daughter and she was able to finished her food with much gusto  ; ) 

If you don't want Ajitama (special half-boiled egg) in your bowl of tonkotsu ramen, you can opt for the Ikkoryu Original Tonkotsu for only PhP 330.

Here's what #yayaMartinez and I shared.... Well, she ate most of the food on our table, you will find out why in the next few lines.

Gyoza (dumplings) 6 pieces PhP 150

Karaage (Fried Chicken) PhP 180

Chashu topping PhP 100

I was not feeling well (sore throat sucks!) and we just had an afternoon snack with my family so I was not able to eat well during our visit. However, I would like to share that I ate at least 3 gyoza (happy tummy!), half of the Chasyu and a piece of fried chicken with a bowl of gohan (steamed rice- PhP 80).

I was having a hard time swallowing the food so hopefully my second visit would be a better experience. Yes, I am willing to give this place a second chance ; )

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +