Goldilocks Bakeshop Foodshop

My visit: June 11, 2010

Goldilocks Bakeshop, Inc.
3/F Bridgeway
SM Megamall, Ortigas,
Mandaluyong City

orange chicken PhP70

To be honest, Goldilocks' version is better! From the quantity of chicken meat to the quality of cooking down to the orange slices.
beef caldereta PhP78

Sauce palang, ulam na! I love the grated cheese on top of the dish. This is my favorite! The veggies are cooked just right. The meat is tender and the sauce is delicious.

laing PhP39

Laing, according to their site, is a spicy vegetable dish of dried gabi leaves and stems cooked in rich coconut milk and flavored with shrimp and slices of pork. 

Their laing is mom's favorite! She said she could eat this alone with rice. I find it to be a bit salty though so you need more rice to go with the laing.

brazo de mercedes roll slice PhP42

Brazo de Mercedes is a meringue roll with golden yellow custard filling. The crust is sprinkled with confectioner's sugar. Fluffy and not too sweet!

crispy halo-halo with ice cream PhP35

Goldilocks will definitely be on my list for budget lunch ; )

PostScript:

After almost a month and an occasional craving, I was finally able to go back to Goldilocks last July 16, 2010. I was disappointed with the Robinson's Galleria branch because brazo de mercedes was not available. And the sauce of the caldereta, which I refer to as sauce palang ulam na was diluted. It was nothing compared to the one I have eaten in SM Megamall branch. Plus, the fact that the food was served in disposable plastic container.The only saving grace that day was the laing.