Cream Silk empowering Filipinas in a major major way!

My event: November 11, 2010

Empowering Filipinas the Cream Silk Way
Lu Restaurant
Joya, Rockwell Center
Makati

When I got an invite from Cream Silk and saw Venus Raj's face on it, I got extremely excited. But when I looked at the date, it's on a Thursday! I dread that day because of the number coding and Makati has no window for cars with plate ending in 7 or 8. So, my excitement quickly went down the drain or so I thought. Any how, if there's a will, there's certainly a way! 

This is my first time to drive alone to Makati. I have been to Rockwell numerous times but it never occured to me to memorize the road leading to it ; p But with my sheer determination, I was able to find my way to Rockwell and meet Ms Venus Raj!

with Ms Universe 2010 Venus Raj

I gave myself a pat on the back when I arrived at the venue on time! Whew! Meeting Ms. Universe 2010, Venus Raj is an event I would not miss!  I guess there's an empowered woman in me : p

Venus Raj interviewed by Tricia Chiongbian, another empowered woman

Cream Silk ambassador and an empowered woman, Venus Raj

Venus Raj is so sincere in answering questions during our Q & A. She has no pretensions whatsoever and is a very down to earth woman. With her determination in life, she is now a very successful woman in her own right. It is but right for Cream Silk to choose her as the epitome of woman empowerment and as Cream Silk brand ambassador.

Here is Venus Raj's answer to my question "What drives you to be where you are today?"


Oh, I also get to ask if she has a boyfriend, her answers is negative. Guys, she's available!!!

part of the 96 scholars of Cream Silk


The intimate event highlighted woman empowerment and Cream Silk has an answer for that. Cream Silk  Women Empowerment program was formed in 2008. It has been empowering woman by giving scholarships to females in a male dominated course like Engineering and Architecture. 

Currently, 96 scholars are in University of the Philippines (UP) and Polytechnic University of the Philippines (PUP). 10 scholars from PUP have already graduated last March 2010. Each school year, 30 scholars are chosen from UP and 10 scholars from PUP.

scholars of Cream Silk


I still can't believe I got the chance to be seated next to a Ms Universe! It's an experience I will never forget ; ) Thanks Cream Silk and Unilever!