Travelogue: Anvaya Cove Beach & Nature Club Accommodation

My visit: September 17- 18, 2011

Brgy. Mabayo, Morong,
Bataan, Philippines
7939000   

Over a week ago, I was with my friends vacationing in Anvaya Cove- a Members Only resort in Morong, Bataan. I am not one to pass the chance to go this exclusive vacation spot so I went with my friends even without DH ; p

golf cart- transportation

It was pretty gloomy the afternoon we arrive. The rain was nonstop. How terrible, right?! I was glad that the sun showed up the next day.

Golf Cart was our means of transportation to and from our hotel room during our entire stay in Anvaya Cove.


ceiling light

I love the huge chandelier that drops from the ceiling at the entrance walkway. It was the first thing that I noticed when I alighted from our van.

one of the two reception area

The photo above is the reception area for Day Trip travelers. Behind the wall is the toilet area. The counter for overnight accommodation is on the opposite side facing it.

Bamboo Cafe

It was a three hour drive from Manila, we were all really hungry. Our group of 11 all trooped to Bamboo Cafe immediately after checking in. This air conditioned 100 seater function hall doubles as an all day dining restaurant. The veranda seats 90. 

Japanese buffet PhP600/pax

When we arrived, the restaurant has a round table Japanese theme buffet at the center of it. I was hungry so I immediately said yes upon hearing the word buffet ; p I wouldn't get it if I was not hungry. Anyway, the restaurant has an extensive choice of a la carte on their menu.

Don't expect over the top cooking though because it was just alright and did I tell you I was hungry?  In fact you don't have any other choice unless you drive to Subic and search for an authentic Korean restaurant.

The restaurant is open everyday of the week from 7:30am to 9:30pm.

 Garden Room 101 PhP5446.44

After several hours in the restaurant, it's time that we check out our individual rooms. I shared the room with my elementary classmate and friend for over 20 years, LCA. The room is pretty big for two persons.

 daybed with pull out bed

The twin beds were not separated for long because we put them together side by side. I confess- I can't sleep without another person beside me ; p A room can accommodate 2 adults and 2 kids. For extra person, you need to pay PhP762. Driver/yaya has a dormitory type sleeping area and it costs PhP500/pax. Food vouchers worth PhP75 each is also available for the meals of the driver/ yaya.

The daybed doesn't have flat sheet on top. I guess you have to request for it. Free LAN internet connection can be found on the writing desk. There is also an LCD TV with cable. You can also opt to request for your favorite DVD movies in their library because there is a player inside the room.

GE personal ref with well- stocked mini bar 

Complimentary mineral water, coffee and tea can be found on top of the mini bar. When we came back to our room after dinner, I found an ice bucket and water already inside the electric kettle. Lovin' the service!

bath robes, safety deposit box and slippers inside the cabinet

Laundry bag and hair dryer are inside the cabinet along with two bath robes, a safety deposit box and 2 pairs of slippers. Hangers are also available for use.

bathroom

Lotion and hand soap are neatly placed inside a carved wooden box together with a box of cotton buds and cotton pad. A box of facial tissue is placed in front of the face and hand towels. A wooden towel hanger with used clothing basket stand beside the toilet bowl with water bidet. Two bath towels are neatly tucked on top of the steel towel holder. Shower area is adjacent to the sink. Soap and shampoo are provided and can be found inside the shower area. 

my friends and I

With cancelled activity that day because of the rain, we spend some more time eating at the Tower Bar- a pool side bar. 

Anvaya Iced Tea PhP75

Anvaya Iced Tea- cool and truly refreshing iced tea made of orange and frozen mango with sliced lemon! A must order ; )

BBQ Beef Nachos PhP245

I can't get enough of their nachos and the fries too! The order is filed with cheese and meat sauce... yum!

Crispy Salpicao PhP295

This is truly crispy! Please don't get me started on the sauce- sauteed oyster sauce and toasted garlic in oil.

I was so full from our 5:30pm merienda that I never got to eat diner that night... burp! Excuse me lol

Rules are implemented and the employees abide by the management's policy. Security guards in front checked the number of people inside the vehicle including the driver and kids. Overall, my friends and I had a great time bonding even on a gloomy set up. 

Read about my other activities like my visit to Anvaya Spa called Veda and yoga practice the next day in my next post!