Bloggers at 2nd's Comfort Food Revisited in Fort

My visit: October 13, 2011

2nd floor Wumaco Building 1,
Quadrant 3, 9th Avenue,
Bonifacio High Street
8465293

After gracing the launching of Estee Lauder's Breast Cancer Awareness campaign, my blogger friends and I dined at 2nd's Comfort Food Revisited. It was Shen who suggested the restaurant. I went along as long the establishment accepts credit card hahaha You see,  I only bring a few pesos when I go out. An old habit I carry with me until now. I know, bummer, right? I should kick that habit!

chika babes (l-r) Nikki, Shen, Rowena and I

I am with gorgeous girls, yes?!


roast beef & raclette PhP495

This dish had a distinct smell. It was bad but it did not taste that bad haha Good thing, it was not my order lol The open face roast beef on sourdough is served with fries.

Raclette- A Swiss dish of melted cheese, typically eaten with potatoes.

truffled three cheese mac PhP415; add Spanish chorizo PhP475

Now, this dish is good! You know that I am not fond of pasta but I like cheese. Creamy emmenthal, sharp cheddar and blue cheese with potato chip crust. 

Emmenthal- a kind of Swiss cheese with many holes in it. 

beef rib adobo PhP535

Hmmm, I have never had beef ribs as adobo before. I might cook one soon. This dish is served with steamed rice and green mango and tomato salsa. 

lamb caldereta gratin PhP595

Finally, my order. This is a bit pricey for a classic Filipino stew but it was all worth it. It was topped with grated Swiss cheese and I ate it with gusto. When I reheated the remainder of the dish, it tasted better. Cheese overload!

Gratin- a dish with a light browned crust f breadcrumbs or melted cheese. 

with the girls

Overall, the food is a bit expensive. The ambiance is relaxing. The waiters are attentive and the service is fast. I would come back and suggest it to DH for our next date night!