Bag Review: Kathy Van Zeeland Postman Travel Shopper

I first encountered the brand, Kathy Van Zeeland, when DH and I visited my cousin who lives in Boston, Ma. I can't remember if I saw it in Marshalls or TJ Maxx. Anyway, I shudder at the thought of buying it. For one, I was not yet into buying expensive handbags. Second, I was not really sure if it's a well known brand.

Kathy Van Zeeland Fifth Avenue, New York

I relayed to my cousin about my shopping dilemma. From her, I learned that it is a pretty well-known brand. Sadly, I was not able to go back because it was already our last day in Boston. Fast forward to 2011, she emailed me that she was able to buy not just one but two bags from the designer brand. She emailed both pics and asked me to choose one. She said that she will include it in her next package that will be shipped to the Philippines. 



limited edition Kathy Van Zeeland Postman Travel Shopper White 
(H59880) Summer 2011 $79

I totally forgot about it until I heard from her sister last week that the bag was finally here. Yey! I got my bag! I was so happy that it was finally here ; ) It has a long, round, padded handle, perfect to keep my hands free. 




What I love about the bag:

  • It is well-made
  • It's below $100
  • Bag charms
  • Lots of pockets including one zippered pocket and a cell phone pocket
  • Key ring
  • Magnetic snap closure
  • It is made of vinyl so it is scratch-proof
  • Roomy medium-sized bag 


What I don't like:

  • A bit heavy to carry


removable bag charms with extra key ring

 bag bottom feature Kathy Van Zeeland  logo

 cute pink polyester inner lining with Kathy Van Zeeland logo

How to spot a fake Kathy Van Zeeland hand bag? The color of the label has a light blue background with light blue stitching. Kathy Van Zeeland is written in two lines with brown hand bag logo on top.

 3 inner pockets and d-ring to hold extra keys

On one side, there's a zippered pocket and on the other side, there's a pocket for cellphone and two card pockets. If that is not enough, the bag has 2 outer compartments on each side and one at the back of the bag. The inner lining is made of polyester in a cute shade of pink. Aside from the magnetic snap closure, there's also a bag hook hardware for added security. 

It's not an all white bag so I am thinking that this bag will last me a long time. Who knows I might bring it with me during my trips abroad. The design is perfect, don't you think?

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +