Home Improvement: Komodo Teak Wood Garden Set

Remember my Cafe Juanita entry? We ate there that night because we just came from Komodo Artscrafts Inc. in Pioneer St., Mandaluyong where we placed a 50% down payment for a round garden table and four traditional stackable armchair. We have been eyeing their outdoor garden set for quite some time - by that I mean from the moment we acquired our home which was more than 5 years ago ; p 

 Komodo teak wood

It was finally delivered last June 15. I was so excited. If you are a follower on twitter and facebook, you should have already seen a few of the photos that I took of the garden set. 

By the way, I specially requested for the cast-iron like logo to be placed on all the items that we bought. I was told that all the new furniture do not carry them anymore. I gave my best doe-eyed look to Irene who was very accommodating despite the fact that we were there 15 minutes before closing time, she said she will request it from their head office. I am very happy that the logo found its way to my garden set. 



Komodo round garden table 120 PhP 18,000 PhP9, 000 ; parasol  (blue) PhP 1,600

Komodo traditional stackable armchair PhP 7,000  PhP 3,500 each

But wait, the best part of it all was that we got everything at 50% discount. Komodo Artcrafts, Inc. was on sale when we bought it (May - June 15, 2012). They usually just give 10-20% discount. It was very timely that DH saw their sale ad on Inquirer.

Cathleen

I didn't waste any time so last Friday, I invited 3 of my closest friends over for a night of Korean BBQ. Cathleen who lives just a block away, naturally, arrived first.

Ikea lantern

I bought four Ikea lanterns during one of my trips abroad. I put one Citronella candle in every lantern. It gives out a nice warm glow.




Tips on outdoor party set up:
  • Spray insecticide at least one to hours before
  • Place Citronella candles in the surrounding area
  • Or an electric mosquito killer
  • Bring out electric fan 
  • Make sure outdoor lighting is working to set the mood
  • Background music is optional
  • Mosquito repellant should always be on standby

 Iwatani stove

I bought this Iwantani stove several years back, it's very useful especially for people like me who loves hosting parties. This is the same stove restaurants use for shabu-shabu cooking. 

waterfalls

Al fresco dining experience will not be complete without the sound of nature - cricket chirping sound and waterfalls ; p

 sangchu-ssam

DH bought the sesame leaves from the Korean grocery store beside Yawori - a Korean restaurant. A pack of Korean perilla leaf or "ggaennip" is sold for only PhP 20.

 latecomers Eric and Gevilin

 Angus short ribs from Tenderbites

I always buy my Korean BBQ meat from Tenderbites in Unimart, Greenhills. The meat is tasty even without any marinade. I just made a dipping sauce with salt & pepper and sesame oil. 

Red Door Citronella candles (white and yellow) - PhP380 (2 pcs.)

I bought nondrip Citronella candles from Red Door a few days before when I went to Trinoma. It was on sale - Buy 1 Take 1. 

The party lasted until twelve midnight. We all lost track of time because we were all having a good time! I can't wait for the next party ; p

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +