Pho Hoa in Robinsons Magnolia

October 20, 2012

Pho Hoa Noodle Soup | My Thai
3rd Level, Cinema
Robinsons Magnolia
4427537

What to do on a date night? Well, DH and I usually spend our "Saturdate Nights" trying out new restaurants (not exactly fancy) and watching a movie. Since Robinsons Magnolia opened, it has become our date place because it is nearer our place than Trinoma and Greenhills Shopping Center. It does not matter to us that there are not so many food choices because not all establishments are open yet. Tao Yuan is one restaurant that we are looking forward to open, hopefully sooner than later.

Anyway, last Saturday, I called my mom and I asked her where she was, she said they (dad, mom & sis) were in Robinsons Magnolia. Great, I said, DH and I decided to watch the movie entitled Argo, starred and directed by Ben Affleck. On side note, DH expected it to be an action movie but it turned out to be more of a political drama ; p We want our money back... chos!

Right before watching Argo, we had dinner in Pho Hoa with my family. I think we only have less than an hour to eat and DH was craving for noodles as usual and it's the only restaurant that was  closest to the cinema aside from My Thai ; p


Pho Chin Nac (Brisket Pho) To Lon (large bowl) PhP 295


There were 3 kinds of Pho-Noodle Soup:
  • Pho Nam (Flank Pho)
  • Pho Chin Nac (Brisket Pho)
  • Pho Bo Vien (Meatball Pho)

I took a photo of Pho-Noodle Soup For The Beginners, I think it's a guideline on how to eat the noodles. I am sharing it here:

There will be a selection of condiments on your table, including basil, beansprouts and hoisin, a sweet bean paste. Flavor the soup by adding herbs and vegetables directly into the broth, " Chili peppers are also available" either break them up in your spoon or, if, you're courageous throw the whole chili in. Then squeeze a wedge of lemon into the soup. On the side, prepare a dipping bowl of the sauce or just hoisin, some mix the two together. With chopsticks, select portions of the meat, dip in the sauce and eat.

This was my sister's order. She specifically asked for thin slices of beef and she got it! The soup was served hot and it was appetizing. Don't you agree just by looking at my photo?

Also available in To Nho (small bowl) PhP 250

basil, beansprouts and slices of chili peppers


Silly me, not having read the "For The Beginners" guideline when I was there, I thought these were appetizers lol
Grilled Pork, Veggie & Fried Rolls large PhP 330


DH ordered Grilled Pork, Veggie & Fried Rolls under Vermicelli Bowls, I think he has to mix everything that's on his plate. Since my stomach was still upset that time, I was not able to try the noodles. I only got to taste a piece of fried roll. It was flavorful and because it's fried, I like it ; p

Other combination under this category are Prawns, Veggie & Grilled Pork Chop (PhP 350) and Grilled Chicken, Veggie & Fried Rolls (PhP 330).

If you are on a budget, these orders are also available in small plates for only PhP 280; For Prawns, Veggie & Grilled Pork Chop, a small order costs PhP 300.

Goi Cuon (Fresh Spring Roll Shrimp & Pork) PhP 129


This order reminds me of our trip in Vietnam several years back. I love eating rice paper. In one restaurant that we have visited, we were able to make our own Goi Cuon - start by dipping the rice paper into a bowl of water to make it soft. I can eat this even without the peanut dipping sauce.

If you want the fried version called Cha Gio Viet (Fried Rice Paper Roll with Pork & Vermicelli), you can order one for only PhP 129.

Com Suon Nuong (Grilled Pork Chop with Rice) PhP 280


To tell you the truth, I was actually hesitant at first to eat in Pho Hoa. Why? Because I don't like noodles. Luckily for me, Pho Hoa has a variety of entrees on the menu that's exactly for a rice person like me ; p

Grilled Pork Chop was served on a grilling plate. Although some parts of it were burnt, the rest tasted good. I was actually able to share this order with my mom because one pork chop was enough for me and my huge appetite lol

Com Thit Nuong Cha Gio (Grilled Pork and Fried Spring Rolls with Rice) PhP 280


Grilled Pork and Fried Spring Rolls with rice were my dad's order. Surely, Pho Hoa didn't not scrimp on their ingredients. My dad was able to share this plate with, you guessed it---> my mom ; p There were 2 spring rolls actually. There's one on the other side of the rice which could not be seen in this photo.

I do not know if Pho Hoa has revamped its menu but I had a better experience this time than the last time I visited their branch in Tomas Morato in 2010. I was reading my entry and I could not believe I was not even satisfied with Pho Hoa's salad and fresh spring rolls 2 years ago. Whatever Pho Hoa did, the food and ambiance really improved a lot. That's coming from a non-noodle fan like me hahaha

Another noodle post coming up... Ukkokei Ramen Ron (Ramen Nazi) ; p Have a happy weekend!!!

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +