A Quick Lunch at Tokyo Cafe SM Megamall

December 5, 2012

Tokyo Cafe
3rd Floor Mega B
SM Megamall, Ortigas,
Mandaluyong City
4773354

I was in SM Megamall yesterday to replace the battery of DH's watch. After completing the task, my parents and I went looking for a decent restaurant to have our late lunch. We were supposed to dine in The French Baker but the restaurant was full and not a single staff seemed to bother to attend to us. We walked out and went in Tokyo Cafe instead ; p

 Ten-Ju PhP 248

Ten-Ju - Deep fried shrimp tempura with signature tempura sauce over steamed rice

I commend Tokyo Cafe for coming out with dishes that look almost exactly the same as the photos on the menu. I was half expecting 3 tiny shrimps but I got relatively large ones (as seen in the photo above).

Ginger & radish (for Tempura sauce) and a side salad were served together with Ten-Ju.

If you are on a diet, Tokyo Cafe offers Light Rice Meals. These are dishes on the menu which are small meals that's light on your pocket. It is ideal for brunch or snack. Find out more about it after the break....



 Loco Moco PhP 150

Loco Moco - Rice topped with burger patty, egg and demi sauce

It was actually my dad who spotted the Light Rice Meals. At PhP 150 each, you get value for money. 

He ordered Loco Moco. I tasted the burger patty and it was beefy-licious!

 Omurice PhP 150

Omurice - Chicken ala Pobre mixed rice topped with scrambled egg & demi sauce

Since I am on a diet, I also ordered another item under Light Rice Meal - Omurice. I was overwhelmed with my order, it tasted like a local ketchup brand. I ended up eating just the bite-sized chicken, mushrooms and of course, the scrambled egg on top ; p Ok, the mixed rice was not that bad but it's nakakaumay.

If you order any rice meal in Tokyo Cafe, just add PhP 60 and you can avail of 1 drink. The choices are Lemon Iced Tea, Tokyo Ice, Orange Juice and Tokyo Blend.

There are a lot of desserts on the menu but I was set on going to Serenitea afterwards ; p Now, I have another reason to go back hahaha

Tokyo Cafe also has branches in SM The Block, SM Southmall, McKinley Piazza, GO Hotel, NAIA 3 and it even opened one branch in SM Xiamen China ; p

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +