Secrets of the Sea By Chi The Spa at Edsa Shangri-la

January 9, 2013

Secrets of the Sea
Chi The Spa
Edsa Shangri-la Manila
1 Garden Way, Ortigas Center,
Mandaluyong City
6338888 

Opens 9am to 12mn 

I woke up at 4 am today and I could not sleep anymore because I scheduled several activities this morning like yoga at 6:30 am then a pampering treatment at 9:30 am. Isn't that exciting?!

 Sanctuary at Chi, The Spa

Last Monday, I booked an appointment with Chi The Spa in Edsa Shangri-la for Secrets of the Sea treatment. I badly need a spa pampering treatment after my 8-day vacation in Japan and I got what I wanted ; )

Are you curious what Chi, The Spa looks like? Read after the break...



 Chi, The Spa reception area

Lyn, the receptionist who I talked to over the phone, was the one who received me when I arrived at The Lobby of Edsa Shangri-la Hotel. She was very gracious and accommodating. I asked too many questions hahaha

 this lampshade caught my eye... I <3 it!

ginger tea and hot towel

While I was taking photos of the reception at the Garden Wing, Lyn came up to me with a complimentary tea tray. I love ginger tea.

Then my therapist, Emy, came with a form for me to sign. After signing the waiver, we proceeded to my sanctuary for the next one and a half hour.

Chi, The Spa bathroom:

 toilet

Chi, The Spa has 10 private rooms - 2 Couple's Room and 8 Single Bed Room. Each room has its own private toilet and bath. There are two tissue holders but there is no bidet in the toilet area ; (

what's inside the cabinet?

  • Bathrobe
  • Safety Deposit Box
  • Hanger
  • Towels

 Steam Room/ Shower Area

The Steam Room also doubles as a Shower Area. It has rain shower feature. Shampoo, conditioner and body wash are provided. Only10 minutes was allotted for the use of the steam room before my treatment.

 Alkaline water is provided

 sink area

The thing with a pink ribbon in the middle is a disposable underwear.

 (l-r) hairdryer, 2 cotton pads, comb, cotton buds and shower cap

A door leads to the treatment room...

 heated bed

I <3 heated bed. I didn't experience chills at all. Emy made sure I was all wrapped up, she also turned the air con to my desired temperature.
 
 (l-r) Golden South Sea Pearl scrub and Mandarin Orange oil

Secrets of the Sea package (PhP 9,206.00) includes:

  • Aroma bath
  • Golden South Sea Pearl scrub and wrap
  • Philippine Hilot Massage (1 hour)

Since the voucher I got from Jewelmer only states Golden South Sea Pearl scrub with wrap, I didn't experience Philippine Hilot Massage. Instead of two and a half hours, the treatment only lasted one and a half hour.

Now, onto my experience... Imagine baby powder being poured all over your body, that's exactly how I felt while Emy was pouring the finely granulated Golden South Sea Pearl on my body. She was very diligent and thorough.

The scrubbing, now that's another story! It is a different sensation altogether hahaha I think all my dead skin cells were removed from the Golden South Sea Pearl scrub.

The wrap lasted for 15 minutes then I took a shower. I thought that was it until Emy told me that she's still going to put oil all over my body. The same oil she combined with the scrub. Even though it was not really a massage, I felt that the application of oil was soothing.

Overall, I had a relaxing time at Chi The Spa. Service was superb. Emy even ushered me towards the elevator going down to The Lobby. Thanks to Jewelmer for the one of a kind experience!

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +