Ipanema Carnival Samba Parade 2011

My event: May 14, 2011

Step Into Style with Ipanema 
Philippine Fashion Week 2011
SMX Convention Center
Roxas Blvd., Manila

I heart Ipanema!  My first pair was a Gisele Bundchen edition. I bought it in March 2008. It is feathery light. It's like you are wearing nothing at all! And very stylish too! I have been a fan since then. 

The brand has been very supportive to my blog that's why when it needs my support, I try to be always present in their events! This May, for the duration of the Philippine Fashion Week 2011, Ipanema has a booth which showcased sandals, wedges and flip flops at the 2nd floor of SMX Convention Center. I was invited to witness and experience first hand Brazil's exotic and vibrant spirit!

Ipanema booth

Colorful sandals abound the stage area. I took a few photos and waited for the short program to start.

On display:

  • Classica
  • Anatomica
  • Neo Anatomica
  • Surf Temas
  • Chic Fem
  • Flora Fem
  • Neo Apliques
The new designs are inspired by Brazil's exquisite sceneries and beaches. Each pair is made up of butter- soft materials with soles that are perfectly padded. At present, the brand has even come up with wedges if you want to go for a more glamorous look. 


Limited Edition Gisele Bundchen Swarovski Bronze and Silver ladies flip flop PhP6495

ELRO Corporation has given away a pair of the limited edition Gisele Bundchen Swarovski flip flop that night. I wonder who the lucky gal was. 

Here's a trivia about Ipanema brand: It's environmentally friendly because the materials used are 99% recyclable. 

Fabio Ide

Hold your scream, girls, when I say hot, you say... Fabio Ide! Isn't he good looking? Every angle of his face is like so chiseled lol Saying this line in kolehiyala tone... total fail! haha

more Ipanema for men

I will buy DH a pair of one of these flip flop so each of us will have our own pair of Ipanema.

Patxi Elizalde, president of ELRO and Fabio Ide

Carnival Samba Parade

My first official Carnival Samba Parade lol I was so game that day! I couldn't care less that people were watching me dance. I was not even aware that America's Next Top Model Cycle 10, Claire Unabia was dancing beside me lol Good thing, DH was quick enough to capture it all in video lol Oh, I like a trip to Brazil please haha

with Fabio Ide

He kept on saying "Salamat". He must be practicing how to speak in Tagalog. Is he joining showbiz soon?

power house cast- Fabio Ide, Claire Unabia, Patxi Elizalde and Kelly Misa

glad to see Tetcha again

My fellow Thomasian, Tetcha, was also present minus her sister ; (

with Claire Unabia

She didn't do a model pose with me ; ( She was cool though when I asked for a photo op with her.

with the samba girls!

with Kelly Misa

Kelly is always present in all Ipanema gatherings that I have attended. She is cute and very stylish.

with Patxi Elizalde

I hope he would recognize me next time because this is my second photo op with him haha 

PFW 2011 picture board

For posterity's sake, a trip to SMX is not complete without a photo op with the PFW board lol 

Ipanema Neo Maxi woman's sandals in white PhP995

Isn't my new Ipanema Neo Maxi lovely? Envy the flower on thongs? This flip flop is super comfy and flexible. It conforms to every contour of the sole thus less pressure on the body when walking. I can wear this all day!

Can't wait for the next Philippine Fashion Week!

For uber chic and stylish sandals visit a Bambu Store near you- Trinoma, Glorietta or Alabang Town Center.