Golden Bay Fresh Seafoods Restaurant offers 50% off dim sum!

My visit: September 10, 2011

Block A2 CBP
Diosdado Macapagal Blvd.,
Pasay City
5567525   5567527   8040332

DH and I ate in Golden Bay right after we send-off my DSIL to the airport. At 11 a.m., we were the first customers for the day. I saw in the paper handout that there was an ongoing promotion.

All 72 dimsum selection including congee, dumpling, desserts, rice roll and cake are 50% off until September 30, 2011. Of course, we didn't order all 72. We only ordered 9 lol 

 xo radish cake PhP72.50

First on the list, xo radish cake. This dish is quite hot because of the xo sauce but very crispy and delicious. We were not able to finish this order because we ordered a lot for two persons. I ate the rest of the xo radish cake with rice the next day and I can't get enough of it!

Dim Sum- a Chinese dish of small steamed of fried savory dumplings containing various fillings served as a snack or main course.

XO sauce- spicy seafood sauce.

 shrimp rice roll PhP69

Rice roll is rice noodle roll also known as chee cheong (pig intestine) fun (noodle). It is a variety of dim sum. It is a thin roll made form a wide strip of shahe fen (rice noodles) filled with shrimp, pork or other ingredients. Sweet soy sauce is poured over the dish when served. 

seafood salad PhP69

I was not expecting a fried seafood salad but that's what I got. The mayo on top was too much and I was not able to taste the seafood squid and a bit of shrimp until I was biting the bottom of the wrapper. 


prawn roll PhP69

The photo above were three different orders but has one and the same ingredient- shrimp. You should be able to guess that I ordered the last two which were fried and DH ordered the rice roll. 

siomai PhP64

 siao long pao PhP69

DH commented that Crystal Jade has better tasting siao long bao. 

 spare ribs taosi PhP64

For your information, we didn't finished everything, ok? In fact when the spareribs and xiao long bao came out, I was not able to eat it anymore.

Ampalaya Beef Taosi PhP360

For fear that I might get stick thin with just 8 dim sums, DH ordered ampalaya with beef taosi with a plain cup of rice (PhP40) ; p

Ampalaya is bitter gourd or sometimes called bitter melon. 

I would love to go back and bring my parents but it is too far from our place. The promo price is worth it but there is a service charge and a 12 % VAT though. 

Next post would be a giveaway ; ) Stay tuned!