Hello Kitty Cafe Seoul Korea


My visit: December 31, 2011

Day 9 (4th day DIY Seoul Tour)

Hello Kitty Cafe Coffee & Dessert
Hongik University
Hongdae, Seoul,
Korea
02-3346570

Remember my post about Hongdae where we don't have enough cash for that one day? Before leaving for Myeongdong to exchange more WON, Korea's currency, we see to it that we first visit Hongdae's cafes. It was a good thing that we brought our credit cards, we were able to seat and relax at two of the most famous cafe in the university- Hello Kitty Cafe and Charlie Brown Cafe.

Happy New Year written on Cafe Latte W3, 800 (PhP152) ; p

It was hard to look for the area where the cafe is located, it didn't help when we asked the woman in the Information Center for directions because she can barely speak english. We did not bother to ask the people around us, we decided it would be better to explore the area by ourselves.


we finally found the building that houses Hello Kitty Cafe

We crossed the street where most of the Korean makeup brands are located and reached an alley. There we saw a building that housed Hello Kitty Cafe.

pretty in pink facade 

OMG! As usual, I got giddy and excited! I can't seem to contain my excitement. Mind you, I am not deprived as a child but I am child like in many ways ; p Who would have missed this cafe? From a far, you can see the only pink colored building with matching pink ribbon in the neighborhood. 

 crowded when we arrived

It was crowded when we got there but soon after, the crowd started thinning out. It was a pay as you order cafe much like Starbucks.

graffiti wall near the toilet

A sign on the wall says FREE WIFI but for some reason, I can't get online.

couch area

The place looks nice in the photo. But frankly speaking, the place needs major renovation especially in toilet and seating area department.

retail corner on the left and order counter on the right

The retail corner has a lot of Hello Kitty premium items. This is heaven on earth for Hello Kitty fans!

playing with my camera setting

would you sport this haircut???

it's time to pick up our order

apple iced tea W3, 800 (PhP152)

Half of my glass is ice but I am not complaining. In fact, I needed an extra cup of water to drown the sweetness of this drink. I still like it though.

tiramisu W5, 000 (PhP200)

Aww... this cake is way too cute to slice, don't you think? This tiramisu has a fancy looking design that's why we ordered it. 

chocolate cake W10, 000 (PhP400)

There are other cake flavors on display but the one manning behind the counter told us that only the chocolate cake is thawed. The rest are still frozen. This is delicious and chocolate-y cake. Good for people with sweet tooth. 

The Hello Kitty cakes are not bad at all in terms of taste. A bit expensive but you should remember that you are paying for a designer cake ; p 

even our table has Hello Kitty drawing

I am so happy that DH gave in to my request to visit this cute cafe. 

cheers!

We moved from couch area to a table for two because the seat has Hello Kitty's ribbon at the back rest portion. 

Hello Kitty ribbon design on back rest

it's really cold outside

If I could wrap my whole face, I would. That's how cold it was during my visit.

bye Hello Kitty Cafe

You think we had enough?! We visited Charlie Brown Cafe Korea after. Wait for more pictures in my next post ; p

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like MrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add MrsMartinez on Google +