Congee Queen in Sheppard Ave. E., Scarborough



October 16, 2013

Congee Queen
Unit 0425 Agincourt Mall
3850 Sheppard Ave. E.
Scarborough
416 321 8288

After a few takeaways, I was finally able to eat inside Congee Queen. We were there in the afternoon for some late lunch, #babyMartinez woke up late from her nap but that's a good thing, right? At least she's not sleep deprived lol

Crispy Tiger Shrimp & Mango Salad Tossed with Custard Sauce Hot $13.99

I am surprised to see that the restaurant was almost half full, with diners were still coming in as we left the place.

Since there were only four of us, we only ordered 3 dishes and Crispy Tiger Shrimp & Mango Salad Tossed with Custard Sauce served hot was my favorite. I always order prawn salad whenever I see one on the menu.

The custard sauce tastes more like mayo but it didn't matter. I love shrimps! And the mango salad tastes really good too! Read more after the break...




Mixed Fungus and Fried Gluten in Hot Pot $13.50

#babyMartinez ate the sauce of Mixed Fungus and Fried Glute in Hot Pot together with rice. It was really tasty. I love the different variants of mushrooms (enoki, king, button and shitake) available in this dish. This counts as my second favorite dish ; p

Spice & Pepper Salt Squid $7.25
Spice & Pepper Salt Squid is maarina. I would not order this if I were you, ma arina at ma vetsin pa sa panlasa ko.

The servers were all speaking in Mandarin. They spoke to us in mandarin too. Canada now has more Chinese immigrants unlike before when most immigrants were from Hong Kong. 

In the evening, we ate in another Chinese restaurant called Sam Woo. Yes, I know another one so I reserved it for another entry lol

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +
MrsMartinez's Raves and Rants is a lifestyle blog of a 30 something mom who loves food, beauty, shopping, travel and more!