DH 2nd Birthday Celebration at Chung King Garden Restaurant


Chung King Garden Restaurant
Mandarin and Szechuan Cuisine
4394 Steeles East Ave.,
Markham, Ontario, Canada
905 5138788

DH celebrated his birthday twice in Canada. One was held at Chako Barbecue Sushi Izakaya with family while the other one was celebrated together with his friends in an intimate dinner at Chung King Garden Restaurant.

Chung King's Peking Duck $38.95
Chung King's specialty is Peking Duck so we ordered one. The whole duck was shown to us before it was sliced (see photo above). It was meaty and succulent, just look at the shiny, moist skin. It was deadly (translates to cholesterol-laden hehehe) yet nothing was left untouched. 

Every skin and meat, down to the last chicharon, was all gone in a few minutes. Read more after the break...



Beef $13.95
Another signature dish of Chung King is its stir fry beef. I forgot what it was exactly called on the menu but this dish is simply deliciously crunchy and spicy.

Crab and Corn Soup $16.95
#babyMartinez loved the Crab and Corn soup so much so that she was able to finish 2 servings of rice.

Sweet and Sour Pork $10.95
Whenever I am in a Chinese restaurant, I almost always order my favorite dish- Sweet and Sour Pork. I don't know but it seems to me that Toronto and Sweet and Sour Pork do not match. I have ordered this dish in different Chinese restaurants, even from fast food, only to be disappointed once again with its taste. They just could not get it. I therefore conclude that Toronto lacks chefs that know how to cook Sweet and Sour Pork lol

Peking Duck 2nd way
I am not fond of eating Peking Duck second way so I left it for the others to feast on.

String beans $10.95

Noodles $12.95
To be honest, the noodle was bland.

DH with his Canadian friends

To my wonderful husband,

May God bless you with good health and more wealth haha I love you!


Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +
MrsMartinez's Raves and Rants is a lifestyle blog of a mom who loves food, beauty, shopping, travel and more!