Reunited with College Girl Friends in Cibo and Cupcakes by Sonja



December 17, 2013

Cibo
Phase 1 Promenade
Greenhills, San Juan

Cupcakes by Sonja
104 G/F Promenade Extension
Greenhills San Juan

It's been ages since I last saw two of my best girl friends in college. I was so excited to see Janaki and Babes once more and at the same time give my gifts to them. Our annual lunch meeting was set last Tuesday in Cibo. We had so much to talk about that we have extended our chikahan over cupcakes and coffee at Cupcakes by Sonja.

Babes, me and Janaki

Janaki, Babes and I have known each other since our Communication Arts days in University of Santo Tomas. We have known each other for more than ten years. I know we are soooo old hahaha Don't count na! We became good friends because we all like watching movies in between classes lol Before you think that we were skipping classes, mind you, we were able to do that because our class schedule was terrible---> 9am to 12nn and our next class would be from 6pm to 9pm. My days at UST were so much fun because of these two girls.

Read more after the break...


Broccoli Dip  PhP 185

For starters, I ordered a Broccoli Dip to share. Since Janaki was the first one to arrive at the venue, she had already finished a bowl of Pomodoro soup (PhP 185). We also shared an order of Insalata Di Mare PhP 460 (not in the photo). It was quite good, filling and healthy.

Costolette D Agnello PhP 445

I kind of wish I didn't order my main course---> lamb chops hahaha Diet? What diet?!

The waiters were all so attentive. When my friend, Babes, requested for an additional sauce for her Bolognese Spaghetini (PhP 260), a few minutes after, the waiter was back with the extra sauce in hand. We do not need to call their attention twice. Now, that's good service!

Cupcakes by Sonja recently opened a new branch in Promenade Greenhills. The restaurant looks shabby chic. The only thing lacking is a complimentary WiFi. I was not able to update my Instagram account while I was there huhu

Holly Jolly PhP 75

Chocolate Cream Pie PhP 110

Pistachio Berri & Cream PhP 120

Can you guess which cupcake was mine? It's the last one---> Pistachio Berri & Cream lol Look at the frosting, it's so yummy and not too sweet. I love it! There's slices of strawberries hidden under the creamy frosting. But it's the Chocolate Cream Pie that we love best! Holy Jolly was so hard too slice. I don't know if the consistency should really be like that. Needless to say, that's our least favorite.

Cafe Latte PhP 125

Janaki ordered a cup of Cafe Americano (PhP 105) while Babes and I ordered Cafe Latte. That's my "milk with coffee" you see up there in the photo lol I was pouring extra fresh milk over my coffee hahaha When will I learn how to drink coffee?! ; p

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +