Relaxing Weekend in Quan Spa Marriott Hotel Manila

My event: May 1, 2011

Marriott Hotel 
Manila
quanspamanila@mariott.com
9889999

This is my pre- birthday present from Pevonia Botanica. Quan Spa inside Marriott Hotel Manila is a relaxing retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life. I am so happy that I get to share this experience with DH. 

Quan Spa

Quan literally means a source of pure water. It also refers to all things good and pure. At Quan Spa, the miracle of water lies ahead of you.

DH and I love spas! You can tell by my tweets and on my FB wall that we have weekly massages. We even recently discovered a home massage called Spa Amansala but that would be another post haha 

While Jen and I were direct messaging thru FaceBook about having Pevonia as one of my sponsor for my birthday blowout giveaway, topic about spas crop up. Apparently, Pevonia distributes organic spa products in prestigious spa like The Spa and Quan Spa. That's how DH and I were able to try Pevonia's Summer Temptation- a full body ritual that includes a body scrub, massage, 30 minute facial and bath soak. Tempting indeed!


lounge area with my welcome drink

We arrived on the dot of our appointed time. The receptionist knew we were coming. After directing us to the lounge area, welcome drinks were served. The welcome drink is supposedly made of pineapple, lemon grass, ginger and mint. But I tasted only pineapple juice and nothing more. After signing a data sheet, we were lead to a room for our 30 minute bath pampering. Along the way, DH found time to snap a few photos of the other areas of the said spa.

foot spa area

private room

Each room is private so you can have all the peace and quiet that you need. Don't you just hate it when you are in a spa and you can hear people whispering while other times talking as if nobody else is around?

The following pictures below were taken inside the bath soak room. 

inside the bath soak area

This is quite a big room. Upon entering, the cabinet, vanity mirror and sink are on my right and the toilet on my left. A sliding door would lead you to chaise lounge sofa, an LCD TV and a mini refrigerator. Complimentary waters are available. Other drinks inside the mini bar that you consumed will be charge accordingly. You can tell the masseuse to give you a call after 30 minutes so you would know that your time is up.

vanity area

The vanity area consists of:
  • face towel
  • hand towel
  • toothbrush with toothpaste
  • shave and shaving cream
  • comb
  • facial tissues

bath soak

Don't you just love the bubbles? Only a small cup was poured in this tub and yet look at the bubbles! Ah, this is the good life! The only thing lacking is a shower area. We have to move to another room, the couple's room, to rinse off the soap that we have on our body. 

inside the couple's room

The bed is comfortable. I often have problems with the face rest but this is an exception. You can see how fluffy it is in the photo. The rose petals found soak with water in the bowl below adds a nice touch!

aromatic salt scrub and Pevonia treatment to be used on me

Aromatic Salt Scrub restores skin's radiant glow.

The experience was totally relaxing. The masseuse covered me well with towels. I was afraid of the cool air coming out of the air conditioner. As she scrubbed a part of my body, she made sure that the unexposed parts were well covered. I was totally relaxed during the body scrub.


Can you believe I dozed off? I was able to hear DH's snore haha I can't believe that he was already snoring early on. It was only after I was awoken by my own snore that I realized I, too, have fallen into slumber. 

Pevonia Botanica Products used 

Summer Temptation check list:
  • Pevonia Dry Oil Body Moisturizer
  • Pevonia Care Cream
  • Pevonia Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser
Facial was done last. I couldn't tell you more about it which sucks for you but good for me haha I was really sleepy. Ok, I was snoring haha 


waiting area

As if our 2 1/2 hour experience was not relaxing enough, we were lead to a waiting room where you can  have a nice sip of hot tea after having a facial. Pevonia products are on display. Numerous magazines are available. After finishing our tea, it's time to head back to the real world!

Signature Therapies By Pevonia Botanica: Summer Temptation PhP5, 000 net/ per pax

Thanks Jenny of Pevonia! What a nice pre-birthday treat and how can I forget the lunch we had in HEAT ; ) Too bad, I was not able to capture a photo of us.