Cookies, Apple Squares & Food for the Gods from Estrel's Caramel Cakes!

Estrel's Caramel Cakes
54 Sct. Tobias cor. Sct. Limbaga Sts.,
Laging Handa, Quezon City
3722965   3717938

It is very rare that I get to go with DH when he meets with his clients. When he asked me if I wanted to go with him to meet with Estrel's owners, I said yes. It was on a Saturday afternoon, I was thinking I could get some snack in their shop while he meets with two of the owners of Estrel's. 

chocolate chips cookies (pack of 5) PhP60

Upon entering the store, I saw a counter on one side and a display of chocolate chips cookies, Food for the Gods and Apple Squares neatly displayed on a multi layer rack. There were no tables and chairs though. People come and go with boxes of goodies in their hands. 

I have no choice but to seat in throughout brainstorming. In the process, I was able to give some thoughts  on their packaging materials. I was in a total work mode. S & R muffins were served during the meeting.  I was slightly disappointed because I always wanted to taste the famous Estrel's Caramel Cake- made of chiffon covered caramel icings.

The smallest and most cheapest Estrel's Caramel Cake is an 8" round which costs PhP600. The biggest is a 20"x28" rectangle and costs PhP5000. A triple layer cake is priced at Php5500.

I made a mental note to get the smallest size on my way out. But I was told that everything on stock has already been reserved. Apparently, Estrel's cake are all made to order.

I was pleasantly surprised when they handed 1 pack of chocolate chips cookies, 1 box of Food for the Gods and another box of Apple Squares.

The chocolate chip cookies is made of rich chocolate chewy cookies and oatmeal. I try not to finish everything when I got home. I shared a cookie with DH. I am now eating the last one as I write this post ; p

 Food for the Gods (box of 20) PhP380


Food for the Gods is a favorite of mine. A friend introduced and used to give me Food for the Gods  individually packed in a see through colored wrapper. A box of Estrel's Food for the Gods has 20 bars made of dates and walnuts. It was simply divine. 

Apple Squares (box of 12) PhP200

A total of 12 Apple Squares are found inside a box. You can see apple slices sandwiched in between the crust. Eating it is quite a bit messy as the crust crumbles. It is a bit sweet too. It is my least favorite among the three. 

Oh, I can't wait to try Estrel's Caramel Cakes. I know one of my friends gave me Estrel's Cake as a birthday present before but I already forgot how it tasted like ; p