Elixir 7.9 by Yves Rocher now in Trinoma!

Last Thursday, I attended a shopping event in Trinoma Mall. Yes, you read that right, it's an event that involves shopping, my forte ; ) Of course, being a shopaholic that I am, I could not say no ; p It was hosted by the no. 1 skin care brand, no.1 cosmetic brand and no. 1 beauty institute brand in France, Yves Rocher. Whew, that's a lot of no.1 in one sentence ; p

Yves Rocher Elixir 7.9 30ml PhP 1,190

I must admit, I have not heard of Yves Rocher until that day but I wanted to know about the brand so I did some research. The brand was founded in 1959 by Monsieur Yves Rocher in the village of La Gacilly, France. He invented the first plant-based cosmetic products and he was regarded as France's pioneer of botanical beauty. For more than 50 years, the brand continues to offer women an array of botanical beauty products at an affordable price. 

I will discuss more about Elixir 7.9 after the break...



Yves Rocher France 

Green and white balloons greeted me when I first set foot in the store. It was located under the escalator opposite Tomato. The store was tiny but packed with beauty products for all skin types and needs. 

 Yves Rocher Mid-Year Sale

Being shopaholic doesn't mean I don't save, the mid-year sale sign was actually the first thing I saw when I entered the store. Can you see the 20% off sign on the side? Now, that's what I call huge savings!

all the items in this basket are priced at PhP 199 each 

I also found 50ml body lotions for only PhP 100. Other products are even cheaper at PhP 80, how's that for stretching your peso!

 makeup products are on sale too ; p

If only you had seen me that day, yes, the store was small but I spent a little over two hours pouring and drooling at the awesome products Yves Rocher has to offer. I can't make up my mind on what products to get! I wanted everything hahaha If only money is not a problem, I would have taken home everything with me that day!

makeup counter called Couleurs Nature

I will blog about my makeup finds in another blog post. Watch out for it!

gift pack in a cute basket

did I say that Yves Rocher has botanical products for all skin types?

Aside from botanical products, Yves Rocher also have an Organic line called Culture Bio. 

What I like about  the store is that it offers testers and the sales representatives are knowledgeable about the products. 

intensify youth with Elixir 7.9

This is a shopping event, naturally, I took home some products. One of the products was Yves Rocher's best selling product, Elixir 7.9. 




Elixir 7.9 is an innovative combination of seven botanical extracts and nine anti-aging patents; a treatment capable of doubling the efficacy of your anti-aging skin care. 

Elixir uses 7 plant actives ingredients which help activate youth restoring mechanisms of the skin:

  • Apple Olingosides
  • Acacia Gm
  • Inositol from Green Rice
  • Tara Galactosides
  • Aloe Vera Polyosides
  • Mangiferine from the Aphloia plant
  • Betaine from beetroot


9 anti-aging effects on the skin:

  • smoother wrinkles
  • refined skin texture
  • new skin effect
  • firmer skin
  • boosted radiance
  • replenished skin
  • revitalized skin
  • protected skin
  • relaxed skin



 a drop of Elixir 7.9

I have incorporated Elixir 7.9 in my daily regimen for the past few days. I noticed an immediate change on my skin upon applying it on Day 1, no kidding! My skin is noticeably smoother. 

It's the first thing I apply in the morning after washing my face and before applying Physiogel AI Cream. I apply it alone at night before I sleep. My face feels revitalized and replenished the next day. 

I recommend this product to people who are in their 30's and are experiencing dryness on some parts of their face. It worked for me, I hope it will work on you as well. 

Below are just some of the botanical products from Yves Rocher that I have tried and tested: 

Yves Rocher Cool Moisture Mask 50 ml PhP 200


How to use:


  • Apply all over the entire face and neck if you must
  • Leave it on for just 3 minutes
  • Rinse


wearing Cool Moisture Mask

When I applied it on my face, I didn't feel anything - no cooling effect, no tingling sensation. All the while I thought that this is not an effective product. Hold your breath because I was wrong, after rinsing the product, I noticed that my face was, uhm, velvety smooth! If only I could let you touch my skin right at that moment. Thus, I was a little bit disappointed because it says in the instruction that I can only use Yves Rocher Cool Moisture Mask once or twice a week. Though the fruity (pure grape juice) scent is a bit strong for me, I am still looking forward to use it once more this week.  

Yves Rocher Eclat Radiance Rinsing Vinegar in Raspberry 150 ml PhP 350

I am running out of The Face Shop's Jewel Nutritive Therapy Mask for my hair so I am saving it for future use ; p I use it as a conditioner right after rinsing Dove Moisturizing Shampoo. Right now, instead of using the mask, I use Eclat Radiance Rinsing Vinegar. It does not lather on my hair but I notice my hair does not clump anymore after shampoo rinse. My hair is not as soft as when I use the mask but it was definitely shinier. I use it every day and my hair smells raspberry-licious all day long! I don't know if it really removes shampoo build up / residue.

How do I use it:


  • Use it after rinsing shampoo 
  • Pour the product on hair
  • Massage 
  • Leave it for one (1) minute
  • Rinse


It has been a while since I raved about so many products from one brand. I am very glad that I learned a lot about Yves Rocher and benefitted from it. I still got lots of products, I will review it in time. Be patient and stay beautiful!

Yves Rocher stores are located in Trinoma Mall, SM North EDSA The Block, SM South Mall, SM Fairview and Ayala Center Cebu.

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +