Chow Fun: Coffee Beef Hotpot & More!

August 10, 2012

Chow Fun
103 J.Abad Santos St.,
Little Baguio, San Juan

Right after my Tinette & Co. salon experience, my parents and I went straight to Chow Fun for merienda. By the time we got there, it was already close to 6pm. But as luck would have it, we were able to park right in front of the restaurant. I don't know if they have any other parking space provided for other diners but if you are familiar with the former location of Mann Hann, that's where Chow Fun is located.
 
 Coffee Beef hotpot PhP275

Since my parents said it's still early for dinner, we only ordered 2 main dishes- Coffee Beef Hotpot & Mapo Tofu and one order of Lechon Macau Buns. We were the only ones dining that might explain why the orders came in succession but I was glad the kitchen didn't made me wait for so long, plus one point! 

Anyway, for the price of Coffee Beef hotpot, I think the serving is quite small. I don't mind paying for more so long as you can make this dish larger ; p This dish is best paired with rice because the flavor is too strong / concentrated. Do not get me wrong, I love this dish and I would recommend it you, my dear readers ; p If your concern is the beef, it was tender and not chewy, just the way I like it!



 Mapo Tofu PhP185

If you like tofu, then you must definitely try their version of mapo tofu. This spicy Szechuan dish includes two kinds of tofu- silken or Japanese type and the regular type tofu. I like how this restaurant presented its dishes. With this order, it made use of black sesame seeds and slices of spring onion to make it look more appetizing. After all, presentation is the key! Clap! clap!

Lechon Macau Buns PhP 145

When I go back to Chow Fun, oh yeah, I definitely will, I will have of an order Lechon Macau Buns all for my own consumption lol If DH is with me, he can order one for himself too! lol Take a look at the photo above, doesn't it look juicy and delicious? Isn't it tempting? Don't drool, ok?!

Have you discovered a new restaurant lately? Please share and comment below. If it's near my area, I might want to give it a try ; p

Chow Fun accepts Senior Citizen Card. 10% service charge is added on your bill.

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +