Birthday Celebration at Tajimaya Charcoal Grill in SM Mall of Asia (MOA)

October 19, 2012

Tajimaya Charcoal Grill
2137 - 2139 EM 2nd Floor
SM Mall of Asia
Pasay City
556-8929

Two years ago, I posted about Tajimaya Charcoal Grill here. In my previous entry, the waitress kept on insisting that we order their house specialty - Wagyu Beef. So, when we went back to celebrate DH's birthday last October 19, finally, we were able to try Wagyu Karubi. We ordered the cheapest among the Wagyu selection. When the order came out, I noticed that there were only less than 10 thinly sliced beef. For the price we paid, it better be good.

 Wagyu Karubi (Boneless Short Ribs) PhP 780

Well, not really! Although the beef looks marbled, it was not exactly "melt-in-your-mouth" that Wagyu is known for. It was a bit chewy. Ho hum...

Read after the break for the rest of our orders...



Happy Birthday!

DH was in the process of mixing his own steak sauce when this photo was taken.

Rib-eye Steak PhP 780

Now, the rib-eye is a whole different story. I suggest, you order Rib-eye steak instead of Wagyu. The meat was oh-so-tender and flavorful even without the dipping sauce.

Japanese barbecue

In our previous visit, appetizers were served. I wonder why there were no appetizers served to us that night. In one blog post, I even read that complimentary desserts were given right after meal. I guess the staff was not in the mood that night because it was a full house ; p In fact, as we were about to leave, we noticed several dinners waiting in line for a table. It was a good thing we came earlier than usual, otherwise, we would not be able to enjoy our food.

dipping sauce - choice of sweet & spicy + soy sauce + garlic

Sangchu ssam

I don't know what lettuce wrap is called in Japanese so I labelled it Sangchu ssam ; p By the way, an order of sancyu (lettuce) is PhP 200. Plain rice is PhP 65.

DH and I

Our night didn't end there, we watched Jonas Brothers Live in Manila concert in SM Mall Of Asia Arena right after. I know right, we were not familiar with any Jonas Brother's songs hahaha But we wanted to celebrate and have a great time ; p I will post some photos in my next entry! hehehe

Have a great week ahead!

Let's stay connected:

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +