Dove Presents Unspeakably Yours The Underarm Monologues

October 10, 2012

Unspeakably Yours
The Underarm Monologues
Teatrino, Greenhills Promenade
San Juan City

Last night, I watched the second run of Unspeakably Yours: The Underarm Monologues. It is presented by Dove Deodorant in cooperation with Upstart Productions. Before the show began, the screen flashed this question "If your underarms could talk, what would they say to you?" Hmmm, it got me thinking... If my underarms could speak to me, this is what it might tell me, "Thank you for taking good care of me by not plucking or shaving. Thank you for always making me feel fresh and smelling good" hahaha

 (l-r) Czarina De Leon Mercado (Brand Manager of Unilever Dove Philippines), Cindy Melocoton-Manlapaz (Unilever Philippines Marketing Manager for Deodorants and Oral Care),
Cathy Azanza-Dy (writer/director)
together with theater actresses Jenny Jamor,  Angela Padilla and Caisa Borromeo
 
As if to burst my bubble, Issa Litton, the hostess of the night, got down on stage and asked me if I discuss or talk about underarms with my girl friends, I replied, "No" ; p At that moment, I really can't remember but now that I am writing about this entry, well, maybe just this one time when my friend was complaining about her dark underarms due to her last 2 pregnancies. But that was said to me in confidence and we didn't discuss it in front of our other friends so I guess the answer I gave to Issa's question still applies. 

For a glimpse of the show, continue after the break....


 
Unspeakably Yours The Underarm Monologues was written by Joel Trinidad and Cathy Azanza-Dy and Directed by Jenny Jamora and Cathy Azanza-Dy

Inspired by stories from real women, the play presents funny and witty anecdotes that tackle the daily plights of women and their underarms. This original and outspoken comedy explores views on another intimate part of the body that females love to hate and hate to love.

Here are some of the more memorable lines from the play:

"Underarms are like boyfriends. They can be a pain. They're overly sensitive, embarassing, and frustrating as hell. They never behave the way you want them to; at the same time, they sometimes stop you from doing what you want to do."

"Guys, you probably can't imagine what it feels like to pluck the hair from your armpits for the first time. But if you want an approximation, grab a random bunch of nose hair really tight and jsut yank it right out of there. Then do it about a hundred more times."

Underarm to Woman: "I hope that one day, you can be proud of me!"

Through this play, Dove hopes to impart to all women to give real care for their underarms. As with any other parts of our body, it also needs tender, loving care. If we neglect our underarms, it would strike back at us with problems like dark spots, chicken skin, rough patches or worse, odor... argh! Thankfully, Dove introduces its newest line of deodorant -Dove Advanced Care Ultimate White.

 Dove Advanced Care Ultimate White

New Dove Ultimate White Anti-perspirant Deodorant:

  • Helps speed up skin restoration to lighten dark underarm skin cells
  • New formula
  • With Omega 6 in 1/4 moisturizing cream
  • Dermatologist-approved
  • 24-hour protection

Dove Ultimate White Anti-perspirant Deodorant is now available at supermarkets and groceries nationwide in four formats with the following suggested retail prices: 40 ml Roll-on PhP 95, 40g Stick PhP 170, 70ml mini deo-spray PhP 115, and 169ml/100g PhP 195.

Let's stay connected:
Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +