Have It Your Way at Achiote Taqueria Power Plant Mall


April 14, 2013

Achiote Taqueria Mexican Cuisine
R1 Level, Power Plant Mall
Rockwell, Makati City
8221242

Are a regular reader of my blog? Have you noticed that I often blog about Chinese, Japanese and Korean cuisine? I know... sometimes it gets a little boring! So, when DH suggested that we dine in Achiote Taqueria, I didn't complain and just went along with his suggestion. I was really glad to try Mexican food for a change ; )

 Achiote Nachos PhP 395

Fresh crisp just-baked tortilla chips with black re-fried beans, pico de gallo, white Mexican cheese, topped with homemade sour cream and freshly made guacamole. 
Served with house salsa on the side.

First on our list of must-eat---> NACHOS! A trip to a Mexican restaurant will not be complete without one, agree? The tortilla chips remained crunchy despite the fact that it was overloaded with toppings! 

Hmmmm.... never mind that some of the chips were toasted/burnt as seen in the photo above ; p

Read more after the break...


 Guacamole Bar Everything On It PhP 370

Tomatillo and roasted poblano guacamole with just-baked tortilla chips, achiote-chipotle and roasted tomato salsa

Everything On It: Dinelli Bacon, Toasted Peppitas (Sunflower Seeds), Sun-dried Tomatoes, Queso Cotija

I love freshly made guacamole! By far, the best guacamole that I have ever tasted ; )

Carne Asada Burrito PhP 380

Traditional Burrito with beans, choice of meat filling and salsa

Carne Asada: Grilled beef tenderloin in citrus Mexican spices 

In Achiote Taqueria, you can actually choose what meat goes in your burrito. You can choose from chicken, pork and beef. Price ranges from PhP 340 to PhP 385.

You can also enjoy the most popular Mexican dish in four ways- Fajita Burrito, Burrito Bowl, Chimichanga and the Traditional Burrito which I had ordered.

DH and I were able to split one order. After finishing my half, I could not take one more bite of the other orders that came out. I felt like I had a little too much ; (
 Achiote Iced Tea PhP 95

Anyway, I love Achiote's Iced Tea. Yes, it was sweet for my taste but I got the right blend by mixing some water and ice with my drink ; p It was perfect for the summer heat!

Other orders that I fail to eat were in the following photos:



Oh, I ate one of the side salads that goes with every order of Quesadillas. It was too good to pass up.


The photo above was my BIL's order, I forgot what it's called ; p Hey, it happens, right? Especially if you forgot to take a photo of the menu *toink*

That's it! If ever you are familiar with Achiote menu maybe you can tell me what are the items on the last three photos. I would really appreciate it ; )

Have a great week ahead!

Email xoxoMrsMartinez (at) gmail (dot) com
Like xoxoMrsMartinez on Facebook
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Twitter
Follow xoxoMrsMartinez on Instagram
Add xoxoMrsMartinez on Google +